Optum is a health services business dedicated to making the health system work better for everyone. We serve people throughout the entire health system. This allows us to bring a uniquely broad, yet experienced, perspective. We have the ability and scale to help our clients both envision and implement new approaches that drive meaningful, enduring and positive change. Beyond just a company and a brand, Optum is a unique and valuable collection of people, capabilities, competencies, technologies, perspectives and partners. These resources along with our highly-integrated breadth of services across UnitedHealth Group, places Optum in an unparalleled position to positively transform the entire health system. We do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Careers with Optum offer flexible work arrangements and individuals who live and work in the Republic of Ireland will have the opportunity to split their monthly work hours between our L etterkenny office and telecommuting from a home-based office.
Epic is an electronic healthcare system which is used by many hospitals to document the patient's clinical journey from booking right through to discharge. It also manages many back office functions , including revenue and other administrative areas.
As an Epic Lead, you would be responsible to serve as a liaison between end-users and act as a primary advisor and mentor all project team members and other information management resources while building the Epic application team in each assigned Epic module, including EpicCare Ambulatory, ClinDoc, Reporting, MyChart, and others.
Strong candidates for these roles will be able to demonstrate self-motivation, individual leadership and team collaboration. Most importantly, our OEES team will foster a culture of diversity and inclusion and drive innovation for our company and our clients.
- Lead medium to large complexity Epic software upgrade initiatives or enhancements to workflows including the design, build, and test phases
- Provide Epic product function, design, build, and testing expertise and experience for assigned Epic module(s)
- Collaborate with end users to design and build the Epic system in a timely and professional manner and make corrective configuration or enhancements
- Participate in design and validation sessions and ensure appropriate documentation, follow-up and issue escalation occurs
- Provide technical and/or clinical consultation including application configuration. Review, analyze, and evaluate system needs to develop recommendations for customers
- Serve as a mentor/subject matter expert to local and client-based team members
- Perform in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with Epic software
- Facilitate communication with stakeholders from initial requirements to final implementation
You will be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role, as well as providing development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Degree required (e.g. Associate, Bachelor, Master's) or significant healthcare experience
- Ability to demonstrate and have a history of team management (informal or formal), cross-team communication and leadership skills
- Direct client healthcare domain knowledge such as clinical documentation workflow, patient portal, closing encounters, and patient flow
- Active / current Epic certification in at least one area; and solid Epic Experience or significant direct client experience
- Ability to work a portion of monthly work hours from our Letterkenny office is required
At Optum, you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law
Job Keywords: Epic, Epic Lead, Epic certification, Letterkenny , #RPO, UHG, UnitedHealth Group, Optum, OptumRx