Epic Inpatient - Manager, Lead (Epic ClinDoc) - Nashville, TN
- Nashville, TN
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This role is based out of Nashville, TN and Epic Manager/Lead will serve as a liaison between end-users and act as a primary advisor and mentor for all direct reports and other information management resources while building the Epic application team in each assigned Epic module.
The Epic Manager will help create and foster a culture of diversity and inclusion within a new and growing service line for Optum.
The Epic Manager/Lead must be a self-motivated individual with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in team environments.
- Supervise Epic application design, development, maintenance activities of applications under direct purview
- Collaborate with end users to design Epic Inpatient workflows by suggesting corrective adjustments or enhancements
- Determine staffing requirements, perform capacity planning for resources and supervise the work of direct reports to ensure that team is functioning effectively and efficiently
- Serve as a mentor, resource, and primary advisor for all direct reports
- Provides technical/clinical workflow guidance including application configuration. Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates systems needs to develop recommendations for customers
- Lead all phases (design, build, testing) of medium to large scale Epic projects, including software upgrades, implementation of new modules and significant optimization initiatives
- Provide support for application incidents reported through the help desk; including 24/7 on call coverage as required
- Manage in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with Epic software
- Work with department representatives to analyze needs and translate these into system design
- Assist team to translate business requirements into functional specifications and manages changes to specifications; prioritize, coordinate, and implement updates and requested changes to the system; reviews and tests each new release; troubleshoots problems and questions from end users
- Manage and develop strong relationships with end user communities, customers and business partners
- Facilitate communication with stakeholders from initial requirements to final implementation
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 7+ years combined experience across HealthCare and/or IT domains with at least 5 of those years working with Epic configuration and 2 years resource management and/or large-scale project management
- Obtained two current Epic certifications including one in EpicCare Inpatient Clinical Documentation, Inpatient Orders, Case Management, Stork and/or other primary Ambulatory applications
- Completed Epic CEE (Continued Epic Education) to maintain certifications, proficiencies, and badges
- Experience configuring and supporting provider, nursing and ancillary workflows including clinical notes, orders, order sets, medication administration record, flowsheets, care plans, patient monitoring, and discharge workflows
- Possess excellent team management, communication and leadership skills and a commitment to fostering diversity, inclusion and a culture of innovation
- Proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- OpTime, Radiant experience and certifications are preferred in addition to Inpatient
- Certification in Service Management, Project Management, or Business Analysis is preferred
- Masters degree in Business Administration, Health Administration, Data Science or Healthcare preferred
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
- In-depth knowledge of Epic EMR and the full implementation lifecycle of Epic's suite of EMR applications
- Develops and implements performance improvement initiatives aimed at improving end user service, operating costs, group functions & productivity
- Demonstrate the ability to build and maintain strong internal relationships as well as motivate and inspire other team members through strong consultative skills
- Demonstrates a strong ability to build partnerships and influence others. Work across team, group and business boundaries to drive commonality and reusability in solution to real-world problems
- Demonstrate strong relationship management skills and ability to handle challenging interpersonal situations
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Epic Inpatient, Manager, Lead, ClinDoc, Optum, Healthcare, Nashville, TN, Tennessee
Back to top