Epic Ambulatory Analyst (EpicCare Ambulatory, MyChart, Others) - Nashville, TN or Telecommute
- Nashville, TN
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Optum Enterprise Epic Services analysts will work out of our new Nashville, TN office to establish and grow our emerging support service line. Analysts will serve as a liaison between end-users, project team members and other Information Management resources while providing exemplary customer service and Epic application support in their assigned Epic module(s). OEES team members will help position Optum as a center of excellence for application management services.
Strong candidates for this role will be able to demonstrate self-motivation, individual leadership and team collaboration. Most importantly, our OEES team will foster a culture of diversity and inclusion and drive innovation for our company and our clients.
- Provide Epic product function, design, build, and testing expertise and experience for assigned Epic module related to EpicCare Ambulatory
- Collaborate with end users to design and build the Epic system in a timely and professional manner and make corrective configuration or enhancements
- Lead small to medium complexity Epic software upgrade initiatives or enhancements to workflows including the design, build, and test phases
- Participate in design and validation sessions and ensure appropriate documentation, follow-up and issue escalation occurs
- Provide technical and/or clinical consultation including application configuration. Review, analyze, and evaluate system needs to develop recommendations for customers
- Develop, support and maintain all required system design and build documents and other system documentation
- Perform daily monitoring of applications in production use
- Actively participate in all phases of the testing lifecycle and perform unit, system and integrated testing tasks and activities for EpicCare Ambulatory workflow
- Provide support of application incidents reported through the help desk; including 24/7 on call coverage as required
- Obtain and maintain in-depth knowledge of software functionality; acquire and utilize knowledge of operational workflows to be implemented
- Perform in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with Epic software
- Work with trainers to develop and maintain application specific training curriculum and materials
- Translate business requirements into functional specifications and manages changes to specifications prioritize, coordinate, and implement updates and requested changes to the system; review and test each new release; troubleshoot problems and questions from end users
- Adhere to organization standards for system configuration and change control
- Develop strong relationships with end user communities, customers and business partners
- Facilitate communication with stakeholders from initial requirements to final implementation
- Troubleshoot and/or resolve application issues and escalate more complex issues as appropriate
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Degree required e.g. Associate, Bachelor, Master
- 3+ years Epic application experience
- Active / current Epic certification in EpicCare Ambulatory or another primary clinical application
- Completed Epic CEE (Continued Epic Education) to maintain certifications, proficiencies, and badges
- Epic systems application knowledge to build, test, support and training for Ambulatory workflow
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Reside in Nashville, TN or willing to relocate to Nashville
- Ability to demonstrate and have a history of team management (informal or formal), cross-team communication and leadership skills
- Any combination of certifications and/or experience with Epic MyChart, Healthy Planet, EpicCare Link and Care Everywhere is preferred
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
- In-depth knowledge of Epic EMR and the full implementation lifecycle of Epic's suite of EMR applications
- Teamwork and Collaboration. Consultative and collaborative style with demonstrated ability with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrate the ability to build and maintain strong internal relationships as well as motivate and inspire other team members through strong consultative skills
- Demonstrates a strong ability to build partnerships and influence others. Work across team, group and business boundaries to drive commonality and reusability in solution to real-world problems
- Demonstrate strong relationship management skills and ability to handle challenging interpersonal situations
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Epic, Consultant, EpicCare, Ambulatory, MyChart, Optum, Healthcare, Nashville, TN, Tennessee
Back to top