Enterprise Data Warehouse Architect - Albany, NY
- Albany, NY
UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Enterprise Data Warehouse Architect for the State of New York All Payer Database Project, you will be responsible for managing and designing data structures of the data warehouse, which integrates data from various sources such as SPARCS, Medicaid, Medicare and Managed Care etc. You will be responsible for proactively identifying opportunities, and conducting analysis, needs assessments, cost/benefit assessments pertaining to other IT services as appropriate.
- Create and maintain appropriate data architecture, data modeling, and reporting capability of Healthcare payer data
- Maintain appropriate documentation of data architecture, data modeling, ETL processes and reporting capabilities as well as providing oversight
- Provide leadership and supervision on all data exchanges
- Direct and manage Data, ETL and Analytics applications development
- Direct ETL/Data Architects to Enterprise View
- Lead design and requirements sessions with client
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree
- Proficiency in database architectures and designs
- Proficiency in data modeling (dimensional and normalized)
- 5+ years of successful data architecture and data modeling experience in healthcare data warehouse projects
- 3+ years experience with healthcare payer data
- 3+ years of experience in directing and managing development staff
- 3+ years of experience with ERWin or other data modeling tools
- 3+ years of experience with the Oracle database environment
- This role requires an individual to be in Albany area frequently. Either of these options is required:
- Commutable distance to Albany - weekly client face time is required Monday thru Thursday for 6 months minimum for ramp up; then consideration to scale back to 2-3 days per week
- Living in Albany - required client face time
- Experience with All Payer Database projects
- Experience with NY SPARCS data or Medicaid data
- Experience with ETL development
- Experience working on large and complex data projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job keywords: Data Architect, data modeling, healthcare, Albany, New York, NY
Back to top