Enrollment Eligibility Representative - Lexington, KY
- Lexington, KY
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
If it sounds too good to be true, consider this: Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high - performance structure that works better for more people in more ways.
This position looks for experience with billing and customer service skills. It will require extensive data entry, working with numbers and spreadsheets, identifying and working through specific billing discrepancies, written correspondence, in addition to working in a workgroup call queue for customer service inquiries.
- Prepare, process, and maintain new member or group enrollments, beneficiary forms, and eligibility calculations
- Maintain a database of hours and contributions from reports
- Complete monthly reconciliation of data reported with accounts receivable for eligibility calculations and payment discrepancies
- Answer and document incoming calls in a workgroup call queue from customers while listening actively to identify the type of assistance the customer needs
- Work with various types of member or employer correspondence including letters and emails and respond to member or employer inquiries
- Daily work could include data entry, working with numbers and spreadsheets and analyzing transactional data
- Perform basic clerical functions on a PC with proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products including Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Have an innovative mindset and initiate and assist with developments/changes to increase efficiencies and quality of work
You'll be rewarded and recognized for you performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience in an office call center setting using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments for analyzing and solving customer problems and inquiries
- 1+ years of experience working with billing reconciliation, posting deposits, and accounts receivable
- 1+ years of experience with Windows PC applications including the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- 1+ years of experience working Microsoft Excel (sorting and organizing a spreadsheet, VLOOKUP, creating pivot tables and manipulating files with large data)
- A ssociate's Degree (or higher) in Business or Accounting
- Previous experience working with healthcare insurance enrollment / eligibility
- Previous experience working with disability claims
- Previous experience working with medical reimbursement cafeteria plans
- Previous experience working with ERISA Compliant Benefit Funds
- AS400 experience
- Detail Oriented, Quick Learner, Team Oriented
- Attention to detail and math skills are a must to ensure accuracy for data being used for eligibility and pension calculations
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self - Motivated
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills - effective business writing, and professional phone skills
- Ability to work accurately and effectively to meet deadlines
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, UHC, Enrollment, Eligibility, Lexington, Kentucky
View our Covid - 19 Resources Page at: https://info.uhg.com/
Back to top