EHR/EMR Tech Support Specialist
- Irvine, CA
As a Senior Tech EHR Support Specialist supporting NextGen EMR, you would work as a part of a dynamic team involved with providing technical support and issue resolution to internal and external customers which may include users of all types and skill levels. Responsibilities may also include security access processing, ID tracking, maintenance of reporting logs, password reset assistance, as well as more advanced troubleshooting and support.
The purpose of this position is to function as the first point of contact and support for the NextGen application as it relates to the provider community. This role serves to provide application support, troubleshooting, application maintenance, user provisioning and general information to the provider community as well as internal Monarch staff members. Experience supporting the NextGen EMR is highly encouraged.
- Application support services for NextGen EMR
- Assesses and interprets customer needs and requirements
- Entering service requests (tickets) for all calls received
- Troubleshooting service requests that come in via email and/or phone
- Identifying solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Solving moderately complex application related problems
- Providing timely resolution to many application related errors/issues
- Testing functionality of application
- Coaching, providing feedback and guiding others
- Serving as a resource to others in the IT department
- Document and communicate effectively in order to ensure timely resolutions
- Working with third-party vendors in order to support the NextGen product
- Analyzing technology solutions options and provides feedback to appropriate parties
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years of EMR/EHR experience
- 2+ years of experience working directly with end users/clients to provide solutions
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience working with and/or supporting NextGen EMR
- Proficiency with MS Office (Including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience working with a ticketing/incident management system
- End-User Accounts: Login, password reset, user account creation, assignment of security role access, and security risk analysis
What's the first thing that happens when one of the most successful physician groups in Orange County comes together with a global leader in health care? Opportunity. With Monarch HealthCare joining OptumCare and the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, people like you will find increasing levels of challenge, impact and professional success. With a vibrant network of hospitals and urgent care centers, we're changing health care for the better by improving access to affordable, high quality care, and working together to improve the patient experience. That takes passion, commitment, intense focus and the ability to contribute effectively in a highly collaborative team environment. Are you with us? Learn more about this exciting opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: EMR/EHR Applications Support Analyst, Irvine, CA, California
Back to top