Dosimetrist OptumCare Cancer Care Las Vegas
- Las Vegas, NV
3000 Sign On Bonus for External Candidates
Radiation Oncology Centers of Nevada (ROCNV), part of OptumCare is the reestablishment of a premier practice in Clark County. The practice previously operated as Radiation Oncology Centers of Las Vegas, with its parent company Associated Radiation Oncologists established in 1995. Previous physicians have once again come together to open a socially responsible practice; they are Dr. Greg A. Dean, Dr. Ritchie Stevens, and Dr. Beau James Toy. They have been practicing in Clark County since 1988, 1990, and 1997, respectively.
This group of physicians has led the way for quality radiation treatments in Las Vegas by offering innovation in treatment delivery, staffing with well-qualified, caring professionals, excellent relationships with patients, referring physicians, and insurers. It is because of the respect that we have for our patients that we strive for no less than our absolute best in all we do. Quality care and innovative treatments are not simply catch phrases, but integral parts of who we are and what we do on a daily basis.
We have five radiation oncologist, two physicists and one Dosimetrist covering two offices in Las Vegas Valley.
We are currently seeking a full-time Dosimetrist to join our team.
This position is eligible for relocation as well as a sign on bonus for external candidates
- Routine weekly chart check
- Perform photon and electron dose calculations, along with second hand dose calculations with RADCAL/MUCheck
- Assist with simulations
- Perform patient specific QA using portal dosimetry, mapcheck, and point dose measurements
- Identify and contour normal structures by utilizing images including CT/PET and MRI registration and segmentation
- Works independently, but in collaboration
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Must be a current Certified Medical Dosimetrist (CMD) and have current and active licensure from an accredited dosimetry program
- Minimum 1+ year of experience
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Experience with VMAT, IMRT, SBRT and SRT/SRS
We offer patient care that is compassionate, appropriate and effective for the treatment of health problems and the promotion of health. Our employees work with professionalism, as manifested through a commitment to carrying out professional responsibilities, adherence to ethical principles, and sensitivity to a diverse patient population.
We run a systems-based practice, as manifested by actions that demonstrate an awareness of and responsiveness to the larger context and system of health care and the ability to effectively call on system resources to provide care that is of optimal value.
Las Vegas offers the best in entertainment and cultural options, in addition to being an affordable metropolitan area in which to live. Also, Nevada has no state income tax. Warm weather, 300-plus days of sunshine, championship golf, hiking, skiing, five-star restaurants, endless attractions and entertainment choices are reasons Las Vegas is one of the fastest-growing cities in the United States.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
PLEASE NOTE The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Dosimetrist, Las Vegas, NV, Nevada
Back to top