Director Pharmacy Operations San Antonio Texas
- San Antonio, TX
As one of the largest pharmacy benefits managers in the United States, UnitedHealth Group provides a professional culture where you're empowered and encouraged to exceed the expectations of our members, with better schedules than retail and more reach than any hospital. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
Under the direction of the VP of Quality, the Manager of Pharmacy Operations will be responsible for the overall Stars performance of Part D measures, as well as the operations management, coordination, implementation and communication of the Medication Assistance Program (MAP) for WellMed. The position will also be responsible for managing the Quality Assurance team and updating and maintaining the department SOPs and P&Ps as well as the training and orientation of the pharmacy staff.
- Pharmacy Operations Management
- Develop and implement pharmacy quality assurance programs / initiatives to ensure quality initiatives are implemented across the department
- Collaborate with pharmacy leaderships to plan and monitor the day-to-day pharmacy operations to ensure smooth progress on planned initiatives
- Evaluate regularly the efficiency of business processes according to organizational objectives and ensure there's good processes for improvements when necessary
- Liaise with pharmacy leadership to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals
- Manage and coach the direct reporting individuals
- Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Participates in designing, implementing and evaluating systems, processes and methods designed to enhance quality, improve customer service and reduce pharmacy related costs
- WellMed Medical Assistance Program (MAP)
- Manages the WellMed Medical Assistance program (MAP) for the enterprise
- Manages relationships with Physician Business Managers (PBMs) to ensure information is shared with providers for improvement of MAP drug utilization and quality
- Participates in Patient Assistance Oversight Committee (PAOC) and other committee meetings as appropriate
- Completes significant special projects and performs all other related duties as assigned
- Training and Development
- Oversee the development of effective training materials utilizing a variety of media appropriate for each phase of training
- Updates and maintains the department SOPs, job aids, workflow processes etc. in SharePoint
- Quality Assurance
- Oversee the daily functions of the quality assurance team to ensure all pharmacy initiatives are audited timely and accurately
- Establish quality and reliability standards
- Works with pharmacy leadership to establish root of identified staff performance problem
- Ensures training materials are consistent with the department and corporate policies and procedures
- Evaluates new hires during first 90 days against established standards of compliance
- Notifies supervisors and managers of employees who have not met established standards of performance / compliance
- Evaluates performance of staff against established goals and objectives in training and orientation
- Updates and maintains pharmacy program policies and procedures to ensure compliance
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Pharm D
- Active, unrestricted Pharmacist license for TX and FL or ability to obtain within 90 days from start date
- 2+ years of supervisory / management experience
- 3+ years of experience training staff inclusive of development/presentation of formal training material
- 2+ years analyzing / interpreting data and metrics
- Strong working knowledge of both quality and workflow processes
- Proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Ability to travel in FL & TX as necessary
- Quality assurance experience
- Board certification by the Board of Pharmacy Specialties (BPS)
- Certified Geriatric Pharmacist
- Call Center experience
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Manager Pharmacy Operations, Clinical Quality Manager, Manager, Director, Pharm D, Pharmacist, leader, supervisor, training, Pharmacy, San Antonio, TX, Texas
Back to top