Director of Patient Care Infusion Services Relocation Sacramento CA
- Sacramento, CA
$10,000 Sign On Bonus for External Candidates and Relocation
There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Nursing here isn't for everybody. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The primary role of the Director of Patient Care is to provide clinical coordination and direct patient care for infusion services for Optum Infusion patients, coordinating the daily activities of referral, intake, staff and agency assignment and patient management. Additional responsibilities may include patient discharge teaching; on call nursing support; patient visits; nursing agency in-services and other duties as required. Service delivery will occur in patients’ home or alternate site per patients’ request.
- The primary role of the Director of Patient Care is to provide clinical coordination and direct patient care for infusion services for Optum Infusion patients, coordinating the daily activities of referral, intake, staff and agency assignment and patient management. Additional responsibilities may include patient discharge teaching; on call nursing support; patient visits; nursing agency in-services and other duties as required. Service delivery will occur in patients’ home or alternate site per patients’ request
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for patient care across the continuum
- Receives, evaluates, accepts and executes the initial patient intake process to assure that patient verification, assessment, teaching and ongoing scheduling of nursing services occur in timely manner
- Assures timely communication with other company personnel, and outside providers, physicians and other agencies, to assure the quality and continuity of patient care
- Serves as Administrator of licensed home health agency as required by state, ensuring home health agency meets all rules and regulations for licensure
- Infuse medications on a regular basis in patients’ home including monitoring and tracking vital signs, performing procedures such as IV placement, phlebotomy and medication administration via peripheral infusion device or PICC line, implantable port and / or central venous catheters and as ordered by a licensed physician or licensed practitioner
- Assess patient in home environments, including clinical assessment safety of environment, pain assessment, monitor effectiveness of medication treatment, develop plan of care, education for patients and patient’s family members, including providing care, including but not limited to plan of care / plan of treatment according to state specific regulations and reports accurately and in a timely manner, according to internal and external regulatory requirements
- Maintain collaborative relationships involving agencies delivering services on behalf of / or in conjunction with Optum, including nursing agencies in a contracted relationship, patient, families, significant caregivers and other healthcare team members
- Provide education regarding Optum Infusion services for both internal and external customers
- Function as clinical educator and resource
- Serves as administrator of licensed home health agency
- Assist in securing and maintaining licensure and accreditations warranted by Optum, including required Home Health Licensure, ACHC, and any other licensure or credentialing as necessary
- Other responsibilities as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active, unrestricted RN license in the State of California
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- 3+ years of experience in the following health related field: home health agency, primary care clinic or health facility within the last 5 years
- 1+ years of experience supervising or managing a team within the last 5 years
- Direct knowledge and experience administering Title - 22
- Strong IV skills
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Availability for evening and weekend patient visits
- Access to reliable vehicle, current and unrestricted driver's license and proof of auto insurance
- Baccalaureate (BSN) or higher degree in nursing
- Home Infusion experience
- CRNI, critical care certification or ER certification
- Experience using electronic medical records (EMR) programs
- Ability to work independently in home or alternate site settings
- ER / ICU experience is desirable
- Knowledge or experience in HIPAA, OSHA, ACHC or other accrediting bodies
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
PLEASE NOTE The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: RN, nurse, infusion, home infusion, home health, manager, supervisor, charge nurse, DON, Director of Nursing, IG, IV, IVIG, Title 22, EMR, CRNI, IGNS, Sacramento, CA, California
Back to top