Director of Operations - Genoa Healthcare - California
Opportunities with Genoa Healthcare. A career with Genoa Healthcare means you're part of a collaborative effort to serve behavioral health and addiction treatment communities. We do more than just provide medicine: we change lives for the better. People with serious mental or chronic illness - and those who care for them - have moving stories, and at Genoa we become their voice, their partner. Working as part of a coordinated care team, we partner with community-based providers and others to ensure that people with complex health conditions get the right medications and are able to follow their treatment plans. Our personalized services - in-clinic pharmacies, telepsychiatry and medication management - are leading the way to a new level of care.
We recently joined OptumRx, a pharmacy care services company that is part of Optum and UnitedHealth Group's family of businesses. We are part of a leading information and technology-enabled health services business dedicated to making the health system work better for everyone. Take a closer look to learn why a career with Genoa Healthcare might be the path to discovering your life's best work. SM
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate aspects of implementation of new pharmacy sites. This includes recruiting and hiring of employees.
- Work with facility staff to implement all agreed upon programs such as sample management, PAP dispensing, consultation services, and clozapine dispensing.
- Train staff on all aspects of Genoa Pharmacy operations.
- Supervise and hold accountable all employees of Genoa pharmacies.
- Provide ongoing, continuous management oversight as a coach who is concerned with the growth and development of employees.
- Ensure compliance with all Board of Pharmacy and Federal / DEA laws and regulations.
- Comply with all HIPAA rules and regulations.
- Ensure security measures are taken to avoid theft or loss within pharmacy sites.
- Ensure exceptional customer service is being delivered to all clients and customers.
- Design and implement services and processes that are responsive to customer needs and support exceptional customer service.
- Communicate openly and honestly on a regular basis with employees and supervisor to ensure all goals are being met.
- Responsible for financial performance of all sites. This includes correct staffing levels, inventory management, billing and collections, purchasing, etc.
- Responsible for continued growth in volume of all sites. This is through introduction of new programs, sales to other facilities, and capturing of existing clients within the facility.
- Serve as liaison between Genoa and the Community Mental Health Centers we serve.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Availability and willing to travel up to 80% of the time
- Experience with multi-unit management
- Experience with multi-state management
- Communication skills to develop and foster relationships with agency partner leaders and internal units
- Development of employees, site managers, staff RPh, techs, drivers, interns (make them prepared for the future roles)
- Ability to be proficient with technology, smartphone, Microsoft Office, and e-mail
- Train teams to execute consistent with company policy and procedures
- Ensure compliance with federal/state regulatory/compliance
- Ensure Execution of company directives and goals
- Ability to recruit, hire, and train top notch talent
- Networking skills to ensure penetration into markets
- Attendance and contribution to quarterly regional meetings
- Attend weekly Director's call
- Attend regular meetings pertaining to gross revenue, drug spend analysis, and script totals for each pharmacy location.
- Supervise Care Coordinator Trainers and Pharmacy Operations Trainers
Educational or Skills Requirements:
- Degree in Pharmacy (B.S. or Pharm D.) required.
- Excellent communications skills
- Minimum of 5 years pharmacy operations experience or 3 years pharmacy operations experience and advanced business degree MBA, MHA or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and E-Mail
- Strong Planning and organizational skills
- High degree of initiative, self-starter, goal-oriented, and able to motivate individuals to achieve targeted results.
- Extensive Travel
- The candidate must live or be willing to relocate within greater Los Angeles , CA area.
- Live within close proximity to a city with a major airport.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status,
disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing
Job keywords: Director of Operations, Dir of Ops, Pharmaceutical, Leadership, Pharmacist, PharmD, Pharmacy Leadership, Los Aneles, California, Nevada, Arizona,
Meet Some of UnitedHealth Group's Employees
Jessica D.Compassion Manager
Jessica studies how compassion fits into health care and trains employees on ways to treat UnitedHealth Group members with empathy and understanding.
Back to top