Director, Networking Engineering - Eden Prairie, MN
- Eden Prairie, MN
Optum's Customer Relationship & Implementation Services Team is seeking a Director of Network Engineering.
- Overseeing day-to-day management of a highly skilled team of network engineers making sure they have what they need to keep work moving
- Work with the internal and external stakeholders to help define priorities and manage work intake
- Facilitate discussions across the disparate teams supporting the Regional Network Hubs making sure communication is flowing in all directions no one likes surprises
- Technical escalation point for migration work and production issues
- Capacity Management and budget planning to ensure infrastructure is in place to meet the needs of the business
- Ensure migration strategies meet security requirements and policies
- Know your audience: can you communicate effectively with other network engineers as well as business leaders?
- Prioritizing multiple work streams simultaneously and still meet project deadlines
- Customer service skills second to none
- Being comfortable in front of a whiteboard, marker in hand ? you will be pitching ideas and solutions to complex problems, leading brainstorming sessions
- Map customer requirements to technical specifications
- Think critically and solve complex issues both with a team as well as independently
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of understanding and experience implementing, maintaining and troubleshooting a converged IP network
- 8+ years of experience managing a network engineering team with 24×7 operational responsibility
- 5+ years of experience in large, complex organization or corporate structured environment
- 5+ years of VMware compute and networking knowledge
- 2+ years of experience with SD-WAN Solutions, specifically Cisco Meraki/Viptela
- 2+ years of experience with configuring and troubleshooting Palo Alto Firewalls, A10 ADC, F5 Load Balancers and Blue Coat Proxies
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders.
- ITIL Foundations v3 certification or higher
- Experience working in a change-controlled environment
- Familiarity with network automation utilizing Ansible, Python, Jinja2
- Knowledge of common development tools like Git & Jenkins
- CCNP Certification
Technology Careers with Optum . Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Network Engineering, SD-WAN, Cisco Meraki/Viptela, Palo Alto Firewalls, A10 ADC, F5 Load Balancers, Blue Coat Proxies, VMWare , Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota
Back to top