Director Network Contracting - Houston TX
- Houston, TX
T here's never been a time that was more right for people who want to lead. Health care is changing and evolving at a pace that few could have predicted. Technology, ideas and bold vision are taking companies like UnitedHealth Group to new levels of performance. This is the time and the opportunity that can bring your impact to a whole new level. As a leader within our network contracting team, you'll guide the development and support of provider networks as well as unit cost management activities through financial and network pricing modeling, analysis and reporting. As you do, you'll discover the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
- Manage unit cost budgets, target setting, performance reporting and associated financial models
- Apply network configuration and incentive-based payment models as appropriate to improve quality and efficiency
- Lead the development of new concepts, technologies and products to meet emerging customer requirements
- Direct cross-functional and/or industry-wide teams with segment-wide and/or enterprise-wide impact
- Influence senior management decisions that impact business direction
Your leadership skills and drive to get things accomplished will be key to your success in this role. The end goal is to produce an affordable and predictable product for customers and business partners within new markets, so you will need to be able to lead us forward and help us develop provider networks with Accountable Care Organizations yielding a geographically competitive, broad access, stable network that achieves objectives for unit cost performance and trend management.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience in the health care industry
- 8+ years of experience in a network management-related role handling complex network providers with accountability for business results
- 5+ years of experience focused on facility reimbursement and contract negotiations
- 8+ years experience with provider contracting and utilizing financial modeling in making rate decisions
- Experience in managing direct reports in a leadership role
- In-depth knowledge of Medicare Resource Based Relative Value System (RBRVS), DRGs, Ambulatory Surgery Center Groupers, and other provider payment methodologies
- Must live within a commutable distance of Houston , TX
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 25% within Central and South TX
- Post graduate degree
- Knowledge of new product development and pricing
- Knowledge of value based care arrangements
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Houston, Network Contracting, network management, director of network contracting, VP
Back to top