Director, IT Service Desk
- Minnetonka, MN
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliable. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work. (sm)
- Strategy Development & Execution:
- Represent end user requirements with inputs from business end user boards, influence an persuade to ensure joint alignment of needs & goals in alignment with IT strategy
- Execute future enterprise platforms including personal, communications & mobile devices which support rapid integration of new technology into UHG in a secure & compliant manner
- Partner with IT Functions to create scalable & user friendly capabilities like Self-Service options (Knowledge Base, Video KBs, etc), Omni-Channel & Self-Heal that enhance the productivity of UHG employees
- Initiate, oversee & support key end user improvement projects in line with strategy
- Develop & execute a strategy capable of changing a reactive organization to being proactive & highly efficient
- Strong knowledge of enterprise workstation, application, connectivity & communications products
- Align all stakeholders on common objectives, ensure adequate funding, prioritization & resources to deliver program success & strong end user adoption
- Establish a collaborative, cross-divisional community of business end user boards to provide input & feedback on requirements, designs, etc.
- Facilitate Communities of Practice with Lines of Businesses related to user-friendly application design & adoption outcomes, including end user training
- Oversee requests, incidents, changes & problems. Manages & coordinates urgent & complicated support issues. Act as escalation point for all requests & incidents
- Develop & mature phone/ticket escalation processes & system
- Analyze performance of Service Desk activities & documented resolutions, identify areas for improvement, & devise/deliver solutions to enhance quality of service & to prevent future service delivery quality issues
- Will drive Ticket Deep Dive & develop strategies for improvement. Monitor & manage incidents & requests queue
- Ensure the service desk provides & delivers high levels of support by providing trends, reports & analysis of customer satisfaction, performance against agreed to service levels & plans for service improvement
- Manage performance & development of team members, including policy administration, compliance, coaching, disciplinary action & recognition
- Work with our global IT management teams to ensure NPS is obtained at the highest level in all geographical locations
- Ability to influence team members, peers, customers & stakeholders
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years professional experience in supporting/leading enterprise infrastructure or applications in a formal enterprise service desk environment
- 5+ years supervisory & management experience, preferably with large teams in multiple locations
- 5+ years of experience with various Global IT Service Desk technologies/platforms, Eg: HP SM, BMC Remedy, ServiceNow; ACD Systems
- Experience with Cisco, Avaya, Remote Management Tools, SCCM, Altiris, WebEx, etc.; Workforce Planning, IEX (NICE).
- Demonstrated ability to manage remote teams, fostering high collaboration between all team members in establishing a single, cohesive culture
- Excellent knowledge of ITIL frame works for Service Delivery & service support processes; Thorough understanding of ITIL-best practices & trends
- ITIL v3.0 foundation certified
- Experience with supporting digital services & RPA / AI / ML initiatives a plus
- Experience & track record of transforming a Global IT Service Desk to improve delivery & satisfaction
- HDI certification
Technology Careers with Optum . Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Director, IT Service Desk, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota
Back to top