Data Scientist - San Juan, PR
- San Juan, Puerto Rico
Positions in this function conduct and manage outcomes of various studies that include analyzing, reviewing, forecasting, trending, and presenting information for operational and business planning. They support short and long term operational/strategic business activities - by developing, enhancing and maintaining operational information and models. They also develop and implement effective/strategic business solutions through research and analysis of data and business processes.
We'll put you in the driver's seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. We need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel ours. It's the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Use your Sharp Analytical Skills to help us support, compile and report key information! Drive processes and technology improvement initiatives for the products, using standard project methodology (requirements, design, test, etc.). Use data to identify trends, patterns and opportunities for the business and clients. Engage users in analysis and evaluation of functional models and prototypes; identify dependencies and priorities. Evaluate technology applications for use by the user community. Produce, publish and distribute scheduled and ad-hoc client and operational reports relating to the development and performance of products.
- As an individual contributor; this individual would be responsible for providing analytical solution to client based on statistical modeling
- Developing analytical solutions for business problems & timely, error-free, high quality deliverables for a specific client request. Also, the individual will be responsible for his/ her analytics projects to be kept fully documented (objective, requirements, analysis plan, technical design, result, support, training etc.)
- Over & above the delivery responsibility, the person would be providing consultations across different analytics teams on statistics, big data support, defining business problems, provide industry knowledge to enable/ engage client in project discussions & delivery and growth of existing analytics engagements within the above mentioned functional segment
- Hands-on experience in Big Data technologies like HADOOP (Hortonworks preferred but open to Cloudera, MapR or even Apache Hadoop),PIG, HIVE, Mapreduce, Flume, Kafka, Sparks etc.
- Knowledge of big data/ advanced analytics concepts and algorithms text mining, social listening, recommender systems, predictive modeling, etc.
- Managing stakeholder's expectations, and working with business users to gather requirements, resolve business rule requirements, and perform joint conceptual data model reviews
- Utilizing a range of existing Big data technologies and data modeling techniques such as star-schema, snowflake, hybrid, and new design techniques optimized for data acquisition, storage and visualization, and evangelizing the data models and techniques
- Managing the balance of current and future needs or user requirements in both design and content
- Resolving semantic discrepancies in data definitions that arise among multiple sources and projects
- Knowledge of programming Statistics/Java/Python/R is
- Exposure to tools/platforms Hadoop eco system and DB systems
- Domain knowledge / expertise (Healthcare)
- Experience to Business Intelligence or data analysis reporting
- Experience to Statistical Modeling, SQL Database and Data Models
- Experience in BI platform
ENGLISH PROFICIENT ASSESSMENT WILL BE REQUIRED AFTER APPLICATION
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Finance, Quantitative or related field
- 2 + years of business analytics work experience
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft Excel
- 1+ year in process improvement, workflow, benchmarking and / or evaluation of business processes
- 1+ years of experience with project methodology (requirements, design, development, test and implementation)
- 1+ year of statistics, relational databases, database structures
- Able to work in Puerto Rico or willing to relocate
- English Proficiency
- Experience with statistical modeling, reporting and analyzing large amounts of data
- Microsoft Access experience
- Experience with Big Data technologies like HADOOP (Hortonworks preferred but open to Cloudera, MapR or even Apache Hadoop),PIG, HIVE, Mapreduce, Flume, Kafka, Sparks etc.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Data Scientist, Big Data, Data Analytics, Hadoop, SAS, San Juan, PR
Back to top