Data Base Administrator (SQL Server) - UnitedHealthcare StudentResources - IT - Richardson, TX
- United States
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function are involved in the definition, management, implementation and support of databases for UHCSR Application, UHCSR Reporting, Business Intelligence (BI) and Data Analytics (DA) focused projects. Positions are Database Administrators that work with UHCSR Development Teams to create and support MS SQL Server databases used by the organization. DBAs work closely with other DBAs, Technical Architects, Developers and Reporting Analysts to align technology solutions with business strategies and project objectives. DBAs are part of a team that proactively manages daily database support and monitoring activities identifying opportunities for improvement. In addition team members triage and work database tickets, support Development Teams, perform routine maintenance and provide on-call support.
General Job Scope - (6) Categories
- Assists with Database Code Promotions thru DEV, QA, UA and PROD
- Supports daily database monitoring and maintenance activities
- Creates required database objects needed for development teams includes building RDLs for SSIS packages
- Provides on call support
- Works Help Desk tickets
- Helps implement Git for database source code control and promotion process
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or 5 years of working as a DBA in lieu of degree
- 5+ years' experience performing MS SQL Server DBA activities in support of software development projects. (Using MS SQL 2008, 2012, 2014, or 2016)
- Experience working on projects using either an agile software development methodology or a structured project management methodology, delivering projects on time and on budget
- 1+ years' experience with performance tuning and troubleshooting MS SQL databases
- 1 + years' experience working with database automation tools to support CI/CD database activities
- Experience working on small, mid and large-scale projects
- Experience with Reporting, Business Intelligence and Data Analytics projects
- 2+ years health insurance industry experience
- Experience with MS SQL Database Replication
- Experience with Redgate Tool Suite
- Proven track record of increasing demonstrated responsibility and success
- Advanced computer proficiency with Microsoft Office tool suite
- Experience with Tableau and other Reporting packages
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Extremely detail oriented, with strong organizational, prioritization and analytical skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to balance multiple tasks with competing priorities across multiple projects
- Excellent Time Management skills, ability to work autonomously, high level of initiative, demonstrated ability to rapidly assimilate and work with technical concepts, and proficiency in solving complex problems in innovative ways
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here .
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: database administer, insurance, analytics, Richardson, TX , Texas
Back to top