Customer Service Representative – Maryland Height, MO
- Maryland Heights, MO
Who says house calls are a thing of the past? At UnitedHealth Group , we’re always looking for new ways to run our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. Here’s an opportunity with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of businesses that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader. Now’s your chance to make a real impact by being an integral part of our progressive house calls program. Join us as we go beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 7:00 am to 7:30 pm (the typical starting shift for new hires is 11:00 am - 7:30 pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends. Our office is located at 13655 Riverport Drive, Maryland Heights, MO . The initial training will be conducted virtually (temporary working from home).
- Call members to schedule in home visits with a Physician or a Nurse Practitioner
- Answer inbound calls from members and assist them with their inquiries
- Ensure that the appointments are scheduled accurately and resolve any scheduling issues or concerns
This is high volume, customer service environment. You’ll need to be efficient, productive and thorough dealing with our members over the phone. You also must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes evening hours.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of call center and / or sales experience
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook (create/edit/save/send documents, spreadsheets and correspondences)
- Bilingual skills in Spanish
- Experience working in the health care industry
- Experience working with Medicaid or Medicare
- Experience working in a metric-driven work environment
- Experience working in a customer retention focused role
- Experience using an auto dialer system
- Ability to type and talk at the same time while navigating through multiple screens
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA requirements
- Reside within 50 miles of Maryland Heights, MO
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
Ready to answer the call? Take this opportunity to do your life's best work. SM
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work. SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Call Center, Call Center Representative, Customer Service, Customer Service Rep, Sales, Maryland Heights, St. Louis, MO
Back to top