Compounding Pharmacy Technician - Birmingham, AL
- Birmingham, AL
The more you do, the more you learn. And as you learn you find new doors opening that challenge you to bring your best. Here at OptumRX, we've earned the trust of more than 64 million people who rely on us for the prescription drugs that improve their health and lifestyles. When you join us, you'll be part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies where you'll have some of the best training and tools in the world.
As a Compounding Pharmacy Technician, you'll be responsible various duties related to the fulfillment of prescription orders and dispensing any or all of the following: unit doses, specialty pharmaceuticals, injectables, IV, enterals and related supplies following state and federal regulations and company policies and procedures, answering incoming calls and completing outbound calls to/from patients, physicians and pharmacists while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximized productivity. Along the way, you'll discover the training, support and career opportunities you'd expect from a Fortune 7 leader.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Enter prescriptions and verify appropriate and accurate information
- Contact patients, pharmacists and doctor's offices to resolve claims issues
- Process prescriptions (from intake to order completion)
- Resolve customer issues; ensuring accurate information is provided
- Compound IV Medications in a clean room environment
- Use USP797 guidelines for sterile compounding
- Maintain clean room environment and daily / weekly / monthly cleaning of room and equipment according to SOPs
- Demonstrate the ability to understand variable compounding modalities and to work independently but understand the need to consult with the pharmacist if questions arise
- Basic tasks are completed without review by others
- May need to assist with other areas of the pharmacy
- Assist with inventory management
- Assist in the warehouse for medication preparation and packaging.
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You'll help c ompound medications using appropriate components, supplies and sterile/ventilated environment and work within multiple computer systems simultaneously as you respond to questions or provide specific medication details/clinical information. It's a fast paced, high volume environment where our members are counting on us to deliver these important, sometimes life-saving medications in an accurate and efficient manner.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Current Alabama Pharmacy Technician License
- 1+ years of Sterile IV compounding experience
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location.
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- PTCB National Certification
- Sterile Products and UPS797 Certification
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
Some of the steps we've taken to ensure employee well-being include:
- Launched our ProtectWell app and UnitedCARES program to help ease the burden and stress for our UnitedHealth Group team members and their immediate family affected by COVID-19
- Daily updates from our CEO Dave Wichmann to support and inspire team members during this challenging time
- Onsite social distancing and increased sanitization measures for employees who have been welcomed back to our offices
- Fully cover the COVID-19 healthcare costs for our employees
- Employees who self-identify as high risk or who live with someone who is high risk have been asked to remain working from home
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities: click here.
What we do defines who we are. Take a deeper look at how we're providing support during this global health crisis and search for a way you can get involved. View our COVID-19 Resources Page: click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: OptumRx, PTCB, Pulling, Staging, Inventory, Pharmacy, Pharm Tech, Phones, IV, Compounding, USP797, Birmingham, AL, hiring immediately
Back to top