Community Outreach Rep, Community & State - Warwick, RI
- Garden City, RI
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. You never thought your career could help millions of lives. Well, here you can.
As a RI Community Outreach Representative , you'll utilize innovative strategies and programs to ensure access to health care coverage for the underserved and impact millions of lives. You'll use your energetic, empathetic approach to marketing and add value to our team. Through community marketing and outreach efforts, you will have direct impact on membership growth and retention. You'll use your creativity, strategic lens and outspoken attitude to be part of an elite team to rewrite the history of UnitedHealth Group. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Working under minimal supervision and collectively with the UHC Medicaid Sales team, this Community Outreach Rep is responsible for working in targeted communities to increase enrollment. Specifically, this position is responsible for developing sites and establishing valued-partner relationships, securing venues and community-based organizations (CBOs) with marketing activities that provide membership growth opportunity for qualified UHC Sales Agents.
This is a 40hr work week schedule
Outside/field position supporting sales team
Generating Medicaid opportunities requires a great deal of relationship building with community-based organizations (CBOs), faith-based organizations (FBOs) and other venues within the communities that have density in the Medicaid eligible populations
- Identify and cultivate relationships with the leadership/management of those organizations as a "UnitedHealthcare relationship". This will allow ongoing access to conduct presentations and informal sales events that generate leads and new membership
- Work with the existing Community Outreach team, if available, to determine current CBO relationships with whom to investigate, identify, initiate and respond to opportunities to create or participate in marketing activities that lead to membership growth
- Partner with multiple sales/distribution channels, leveraging contracted UHC agents and broker agents to drive events and leads, with ultimate success measured by closed sales
- Collaborate with local market sales leadership within Community & State to determine agents best suited and interested to sell in the Medicaid space
- Track and measures various sales event effectiveness and activities, events, leads & lead progress, sales, appointments, contacts and relationship progress daily through internal systems. Assists with designing and measuring overall sales event strategy. Ensure all events are properly filed with appropriate regulatory agencies through the established UHC process
- Execute, plan and coordinate resources (i.e., vendors, partners, Sales Agent, etc.) to ensure a successful event
- Meet or exceed targeted growth, retention, and enrollment expectations within assigned territory
- Assist with planning, implementing and coordinating both sales and non-sales events for all assigned products
- Provide input, support and feedback on promotional opportunities, benefits, and other issues
- Prepare preliminary budget recommendations for each approved event
- Identify, develop and maintain strong relationships with key community partners. Serve as an ambassador for United Healthcare
- Stay informed on UHC operations, provider network, premiums, member services, claims, explanation of benefits, processes and other services and issues to provide community partners, prospects, and members with accurate information, and provide feedback as appropriate
- Performs other duties as required
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years of business to consumer (B2C) marketing, customer service or community outreach experience
- Able to work core business hours, Monday - Friday, 40 hours, overtime, weeknights and weekends, as required
- Ability to travel locally up to 75% of the time within assigned sales territory
- Insured, dependable vehicle with current driver's License
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Reside within / commutable distance to this RI market area
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent years of experience
- Medicaid experience
- Established professional relationships with non-profits, community sources, religious / faith-based organizations (FBO's) in designated sales territory
- Experience working with communities of all different ethnicities, cultural backgrounds, diverse populations and/or underserved communities
- Experience working with providers
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Community Outreach Representative, Marketing, Customer Service, Community Outreach, Warwick, Rhode Island, RI, bilingual, Medicaid, B2C
Back to top