Community Health Worker - Field Based in Brentwood, TN
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
The Community Health Worker will be part of a care coordination team who will manage complex members in the community. The CHW will support the clinical team in implementation of member care plans and will assist with location of members in the community.
This position is full - time (40 hours / week) Monday - Friday, (8:00am - 5:00pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
- Partner with clinical care coordination team to manage complex members in the community
- Seek and find members in the community who have been labeled unable to reach
- Conduct assessments as needed, i.e. health risk assessment
- Perform targeted activities to complete care plan interventions and to support STAR gap closure
- Proactively engage the member to manage their care
- Partner and collaborate with internal care team, community partners and providers
- Consult with clinical team based on defined triggers
- Support identification of and access of Medicaid benefits to support care needs
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 3+ years of experience working within the Community Health setting in a field based healthcare role
- 2+ years of experience working within the local community, with knowledge of culture and values within the community and familiarity with the resources available within the community
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- Ability to navigate a windows environment and utilize Microsoft Office (create, edit, send, save documents, spreadsheets, and correspondence using Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook) in a professional setting
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Social Work or related subject
- LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) Licensure or CNA / HHA
- Community Health Worker (CHW) Accreditation
- Experience working in Managed Care
- Knowledge of Medicaid/Medicare population
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in healthcare here. We serve the healthcare needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as Cardiovascular Disease, Diabetes, HIV / AIDS and High - risk Pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes - based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive Healthcare, Community, and Government partners to heal healthcare and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Shelby County, community, behavioral health, Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Certified Nursing Assistant, Home Health Aide, Certified Medical Assistant, CHW Accreditation
View our Covid - 19 Resources Page at: https://info.uhg.com/
Back to top