Clinical Social Worker LCSW or LMSW Middlesex County and Surrounding Areas
Clinical Services positions in Prospero Health are part of a community - based interdisciplinary care team of palliative care providers to support patients facing serious illness, including their families and care givers. What makes your clinical career greater with Prospero Health (a UnitedHealth Group affiliate)? You can improve the health of others and help heal the health care system. You can work with in an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
The Palliative Care Field Social Worker is a member of the interdisciplinary team whose primary function is to provide assessments of the psychosocial and economic needs of the patient, provide support for patient coping with advanced illness, facilitate conversations related to the patient goals of care and end of life issues, provide caregiver support, and connect patients / families with community resources.
- Visit patients facing serious illness in their homes to conduct a psychosocial assessment of emotional, social, and environmental strengths and challenges related to their diagnosis, illness, treatment, and home environment
- Help patients and families to articulate goals of care, utilizing appropriate clinical social work treatments and intervention, while maintaining the dignity of the patient
- Manage a caseload of palliative care patients / families
- Attending weekly interdisciplinary team meetings to collaborate with nurses, physicians and patient care coordinators regarding patient care
- Supporting the patients, families and caregivers with economic, psychosocial needs, community resources
- Maintain working knowledge of and liaison with community agencies and resources; assessing and appropriately referring patients / families
- Documenting patient visit notes and other documentation
- Support the health of the palliative care team
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Master's Degree - level clinician in Social Work (MSW)
- 2+ years of Social Work experience, post Master's Degree
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) is required
- Computer proficiency with MS Office products including Word and Outlook
- Ability to travel throughout Middlesex and surrounding counties to patient's homes
- Palliative care or hospice experience
- Experience working with patient and families dealing with serious illness and death
- Experience working with community resources
- Bilingual or multi - lingual fluency
Careers with Prospero Health. Here's the idea. UnitedHealth Group has built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So, when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Prospero Health, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Prospero Health, incredible passion to serve together with the best tools and resources to help our patients live their best life now.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Hospice, Palliative, social work, case management, SW, LMSW, LCSW, UnitedHealth Group, Optum, home care, long term care, geriatric, rehabilitation facility, bereavement, Franklin, Hillsborough, Somerset, Edison, Monroe, New Brunswick, NJ, New Jersey
Back to top