Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Clinical Technology Services is a clinically oriented health IT consulting group within Optum. We partner technology experts, management consultants, and skilled clinical leaders together to help health systems and provider entities achieve clinical and financial return from their technology investments.
Our holistic approach to Electronic Health Record (EHR) optimization includes clinical workflow redesign, technical solutions, stakeholder engagement, education, and reporting capabilities to help health systems prepare for and thrive under value-based and risk-based models by focusing on three constituencies critical to care delivery: providers and their care teams, patients, and payers.
Our Clinical informatics team assists our clients in their efforts to solve challenging issues while delivering excellent results. They have a unique opportunity to engage directly with our clients and participate in creating and implementing solutions. The Clinical Informatics role will be assigned to a client site and will focus on clinical workflow optimizations, supporting providers, nursing, and other clinical staff. This position will play a key role across the clinical transformation of the organization, leading various projects and programs, proactively looking for efficiencies and workflow enhancements, participating in clinical governance councils, and mentoring other team members. The Clinical Informaticists Specialist educates, supports, facilitates change, and assures optimal use and evolution of the organization's health information technology assets.
While serving as the clincial informaticist, you will participate in clinical and technology optimization efforts across the organization and operate as the clinical liaison for both the client and Optum. You will support clients in various endeavors including workflow adoption and optimization, improving workflow efficiencies, reducing documentation, enterprise quality programming, and technology/EHR innovation. This position is also responsible for the planning, designing, training, and supporting the implementation and ongoing utilization of automated clinical applications within the electronic health record. We are seeking an experience clincial informaticist with good EHR technical expertise in Cerner who wants to be part of an innovative and forward-thinking team.
- Utilize data, industry trends, and best practices to support the development of consulting methodologies that will address current challenges facing health systems related to the adoption and use of health IT as well as driving achievement toward client-specific organizational objectives and strategic goals
- Assess opportunities for technology improvements with data in collaboration with clinician feedback to understand workflows, define problems, and recommend and implement solutions
- Collaborate with client in the creation of business cases for new technologies or technology projects, including cost/benefit analysis for system selection efforts and budget considerations related to technology
- Support the development and adoption of standards for evidenced-based care practice and collaborate with the training team to create education or training materials as appropriate
- Serve as the client clincial informaticist for optimization solution implementations, including activities such as defining clinical strategy, leading client meetings, recommending best practice Cerner configurations, attending clinical governance councils, and advising on training for clinicians and adoption approach
- Assists with the development of competency-based educational activities, using adult learning principles
- Maintains database of completed education, onboarding, at-the-elbow adoption interactions, and competencies
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures that are required to implement and maintain the clinical applications
- Reviews testing scripts and validates build to ensure clinical relevancy
- Participates in end-user validation activities
- Build consensus among client stakeholders who play a critical role in the client's ability to successfully implement the identified solutions
- Provide action plans for areas where performance is not tracking to target
- Perform training and routine maintenance of training accounts, user guides, training scripts, and periodic updates will also be expected
- Mentor current informatics team to accurately diagnose the issues the client has identified (as well as underlying issues), and determine the appropriate solutions that will lead the client to achieve best practice performance specific to clinical workflows
- Implement best practices and improve operating efficiencies
- Collaborate with clinical, technical, and operational leadership to enhance select products / solutions
- Implement appropriate service delivery models for relevant application functions in defining, delivering, and improving services for the organization
- Serve as a Clinical Subject Matter Expert for business development activities
- Communicate effectively and accurately in writing and verbally to prospects, members, and other staff
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 1+ years of clinical experience e.g., RN, LPN, MA
- Experience working with Cerner Electronic Health Record (EHR) technology in an enterprise environment
- Demonstrated experience leading small to large-scale optimization projects
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite; Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Local resident or willingness to relocate to client site location(s) in Maine, USA
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Experience as a clinical informaticists
- In-depth knowledge of Cerner and the full implementation lifecycle of Cerner's suite of electronic medical record applications from conception through development into production
- Background in Case Management, Care Pathway Design, and Clinical Quality
- Demonstrated ability to build partnerships and influence others, including working across diverse groups to drive commonality and reusability in solutioning
- Proven relationship management skills in complex situations
- Proven consultative and collaborative style with demonstrated ability to team with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated self-motivation, individual leadership, and team collaboration skills
- History of fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion and driving innovation
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.