Clinical Coordinator Home Infusion RN Chandler AZ
There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Nursing here isn't for everybody. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The primary role of the Clinical Coordinator is to provide clinical coordination for infusion services for all Optum Infusion Pharmacy patients, coordinating the daily activities of referral, intake, staff / agency assignment and patient management. The Clinical Coordinator / Home Infusion, RN may also directly provide infusion nursing services to patients receiving infusion medications from Optum Infusion Pharmacy's branch pharmacy service area (as needed). Service delivery will occur in patient's home or alternate site per patient's request. All infusion services and medication delivery will be provided utilizing accepted Infusion therapy clinical technique and Optum Infusion Pharmacy's established policy and procedures ordered by a licensed physician or licensed practitioner. All clinical operations will be consistent with established goals, objectives, and policies, and specifically focused on delivery of infusion therapy nursing and medication delivery. The coordination / case manager function coordinate / develop / implement individualized plans of care.
- Receives, evaluates, accepts and executes the initial patient intake process to assure that patient verification, assessment, teaching and the ongoing scheduling of nursing services occur in a timely manner
- Reviews patient chart for admission criteria, assessing patient's needs will be met, therapy is appropriate and environment is safe
- Assures timely communication with other company personnel, and outside providers, especially physicians and other agencies, to assure the quality and continuity of patient care
- Ability to establish and maintain positive clinical rapport with all patients and their families, representing Optum Infusion Pharmacy including working directly with patients and their families, maintain contact as per company policy and protocol and clinically monitor all patients providing direct infusion therapy services
- Communicates coordination of care with alternate providers (AIS, hospice) and documents communication
- Infuse medications on a regular basis in patient's home setting including monitoring and tracking vital signs, performing procedures such as IV placement, phlebotomy, and medication administration via peripheral infusion device; or PICC line; Implantable port; and / or Central Venous Catheters and as ordered by a licensed physician or licensed practitioner
- Assess patient in home environments, including clinical assessment safety of environment, pain assessment, monitor effectiveness of medication treatment, develop plan of care, education for patients and patient's family members, including providing care
- Completes all required patient care documentation and reports accurately and in a timely manner, according to internal and external regulatory requirements
- Tracks schedule of visits
- Willingness to work with most ages and diagnosis of patients receiving infusion therapy medication
- May work with numerous infused or Injectable medications including orals per Optum Infusion Pharmacy protocols
- Clinical oversight of patient functions provided by Optum Infusion Pharmacy
- Collaborative relationships involving agencies delivering services on behalf of / or in conjunction with Optum Infusion Pharmacy, including nursing agencies in a contracted relationship, patient, families, significant caregivers, and other healthcare team members
- Maintaining current State Nursing licensure, as required by the State Department of Health, is mandatory
- Assist in securing and maintaining licensure and accreditations warranted by Optum Infusion Pharmacy, including required Home Health Licensure, JCAHO, and any other licensure or credentialing as necessary
- Compliance and adherence to State and Federal regulations and laws, JCAHO, HIPAA, CPR, and infusion pharmacy and nursing licensure accepted standards of practice
- Participates in staff meetings with nursing and pharmacy
- Maintain all mandatory education required upon hire and annually per policy
- May be required to represent the company in clinical interactions as requested
- May provide education regarding Optum Infusion Pharmacy services, for both internal and external customers
- Function as clinical educator, and resource
- May work in office or alternate settings including home setting
- Ability to travel on occasion
- Excellent driving record Maintains professional and automobile liability insurance
- May be required to work any day or shift as required to accommodate patient schedules in administering medications
- May be required to lift or carry equipment and supplies to patients home
- Required to participate in afterhours on call responsibilities
- Represents self in a professional and ethical manner at all times, while representing Optum Infusion Pharmacy, complying with all applicable company policies and procedures
- May be asked to participate in cross training of the various clinical functions in order to function in multiple roles as required
- Other duties as requested
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active and unrestricted licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state(s) of practice and others as requested
- Knowledge of the Infusion Nursing standards (INS) and nursing process including assessment, problem identification or nursing diagnosis, outcome identification, planning and communicating, implementation, and evaluation
- Knowledgeable and / or experience with current state licensure requirements
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office and electronic medical records (EMR) programs
- Advanced interpersonal communications, both written and verbal
- Excellent listening skills
- Excellent organizational and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work with an interdisciplinary team of professionals including clinical, pharmacy, physicians, outside infusion nursing agencies, patients, families, and significant caregivers
- Professional appearance and teaching skills
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of patient, staff and agency information
- Ability to work independently in home or alternate site settings
- Ability to work under pressure with clinical emergencies if required
- May need to assume a flexible work schedule
- Ability to meet attendance, overtime, on - call, and other reliability requirements of the job
- Knowledgeable and / or experience in HIPAA; OSHA; JCAHO
- Three (3+) years in Infusion Therapy and Home Health experience with specific proficiency in infusion therapy
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Clinical Coordinator, RN, Registered Nurse, Nursing, Infusion, IVIG, Home Health, Home Infusion, Infusion, Chandler, Phoenix, AZ, Arizona
Back to top