Clinic Manager WellMed South Stuart
- Port St. Lucie, FL
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
- Directs, supervises, coordinates specific functions and activities of clinic, including systems, policies and procedures, human resources, support services, etc.
- Assists the Medical Director in the development and marketing of new services and referral sources
- Facilitates the employment, development and management of employees
- Promotes the provision of cost - effective, high - quality health care services to patients
- Cooperates with medical and administrative staff to ensure compliance with standards and regulations
- Reviews operational problems / policies and recommends solutions and change to Medical Director
- Collaborates with Medical Director in the preparation and implementation of quarterly budgets. Recommends funding based on knowledge of policies, costs, and operating practices
- Represents clinic at public and professional meetings and conferences
- Participates in clinic communication and public relations programs
- Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional development to keep pace with the trends in health care administration
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor degree, preferably in health or business administration (4 additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor's degree)
- 1+ years of healthcare administration experience
- 1+ years of supervisory experience, preferably in a medical clinic
- Computer literacy in Excel, word, outlook
- Knowledge of health care administration, clinic philosophy and policies, operating procedures and fiscal management systems
- Experience in human resource management practices including supervision and staff development
- Knowledge of governmental regulations and reimbursement standards
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Master's degree
- Bilingual Spanish
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Medical office, clinic supervisor, clinic manager, practice manager, managed care, medical terminology, Medicare, Geriatric, WellMed, Bachelor Degree, Port St. Lucie, Ft. Pierce, Stuart, Vero Beach, FL, Florida
Back to top