Certified Medical Assistant - Vineland, NJ
- Vineland, NJ
Careers with MedExpress. At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient, affordable health care and exceeding our patients' expectations. Our neighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medical team and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what's really important. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer health services. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we're working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Medical Assistant is responsible for ensuring the well-being of patients and for providing a positive, supportive environment for patients and other staff while working in conjunction with physicians, advanced practice clinicians, front office and clinical staff. The successful Medical Assistant will have strong communication skills and a dedication to customer service and patient care.
- Complete provider orders per state and provider regulations
- Perform Clinical Intake with patients to include taking and recording vital signs and patient history
- Assist patients as needed with walking, transfer, specimen collection, exam preparation, etc.
- Complete occupational health testing including such services as urine drug screens, breath alcohol testing, hair testing and physicals
- Complete patient referrals and patient callbacks daily
- Proper, concise and complete EMR documentation and paper based documentation for all assessments and procedures
- Other duties as assigned such as new models of care and new types of procedures, etc.
- Manage inventory of supplies; restock exam/procedure rooms
- Maintain clinical supplies and equipment and ensure proper storage of biohazards
- Prepare patient rooms, set up instruments and equipment according to protocol
- Clean exam/procedure rooms, instruments and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control
This role is center-based and requires working in a clinical setting. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens. It requires the ability to stand and sit for hours at a time (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements, and ability to lift 50 lbs. Hours may vary based on location, patient volume, and business needs.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must meet all other state requirements by law, including but not limited to all state requirements, and licenses, where applicable:
- In the state of Nebraska (NE), must be registered with the NE Department of Health & Human Services as a Medication Aide, or make arrangements with Clinical Leadership to obtain promptly upon hire
- If required by state must maintain current certification from the Certifying Board of the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) or registration from the American Medical Technologists (AMT), or any other recognized certifying body approved by the Board
- Completion of Medical Assistant training program and/or 3+ years of direct patient care experience performing medical assistant clinical duties in an urgent care, physician practice, or emergency room setting
- Prior experience with employer health services (including urine drug screens, breath alcohol, DOT physicals, etc.)
- Direct experience with the following tasks:
- Clinical intake, patient data collection
- Laboratory specimen collection (blood-draw/venipuncture, urine collection, point of care testing, etc.)
- Performing EKG testing
- Application of orthopedic devices, such as preformed splints
- Performing basic wound care
- Review of basic instructions such as use of patient assistive devices (crutch fitting & walking)
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations including OSHA and HIPAA requirements
- Knowledge of computerized information systems (EMR) used in clinical management settings
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
Job Keywords: Medical Assistant, Certified Medical Assistant, Registered Medical Assistant, MA, CMA, RMA, MedExpress, Urgent Care, Vineland, New Jersey
Back to top