Case Manager RN - Westwego, LA
- New Orleans, LA
As senior care specialists, we understand the needs of our patients. Primary Care Plus doctors, nurses and staff know how to treat the health challenges that arise with aging. Because we focus on seniors, our doctors see about half of the patients of a typical primary care doctor. This allows more time at every appointment to get to know the patient, to understand individual health goals and to provide effective and highly personalized health care at every opportunity. Primary Care Plus is dedicated to patient health through continuity of care. As a new member of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, Primary Care Plus is expanding its impact and sense of contribution. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As part of the patient centered medical home team, the RN Care Manager engages in a collaborative process which assesses, plans, implements, coordinates, monitors, and evaluates options and services to meet a patient's health needs through communication and available resources to promote quality, cost-effective outcomes.
The RN Care Manager collaborates with clinical teams in various health care settings in support of the patient, to include acute care, skilled nursing care setting, long term acute care setting, rehab facilities, custodial care, ambulatory care settings, and the patient's home. The RN Care Manager will facilitate the coordination of care resulting in more efficient utilization of health care resources, decreased hospital readmissions and improved health outcomes. The position may be clinic-based (focused on ambulatory care patients) or hospital-based (focused on acute care patients).
- Works with acute facility's case management department, associated hospitalist groups, and People's Health medical management team in order to coordinate the discharge process and transition needs based on patient's diagnoses and status
- Performs concurrent medical record review of acute care patients in order to effectively manage transitional care
- Leads and/or participates in daily, weekly, and monthly discussions where patients' goals, outcomes, interventions, and recommendations for improvement are discussed with members of the patient's care team
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current RN license in the state of LA
- 3+ years' experience in a clinical setting
- Computer/typing proficiency to enter/retrieve data in electronic clinical records and documentation systems; experience with email, internet research, use of online calendars and other software applications
- Bachelors in Nursing
- Experience in Case Management, Disease Management, Chronic Care Improvement, and /or Quality Improvement
- Experience in Utilization Management
- Experienced in a managed care setting
- Experience working with the geriatric population
- Home health experience
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: RN, Registered Nurse, managed care, care coordination, care coordinator, Case Management, case manage, case manager, disease management, chronic care improvement, acute care, quality improvement, nursing home, skilled nursing facility, long term acute care, discharge planning, managed care, geriatric, Westwego, Primary Care Plus, LA, Louisiana, PeoplesHealth
Back to top