Cardiologist - Albuquerque, NM
- Albuquerque, NM
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
In this role, you will be responsible for the performance and application of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures related to cardiovascular disease. You will work collaboratively with other cardiologists located in the same clinic, work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment and direct and provide patient care for a broad range of clinical presentations. As a leader of a multidisciplinary team, you will provide comprehensive, coordinated, and supportive care to patients and their families.
- Provides and administers all aspects of care, evaluation and management of the patient with cardiovascular disease
- Reads, interprets and reports on all testing modalities in the Cardiology department
- Utilizes skills and experience in pathogenesis, pathology, risk factors, natural history, diagnosis by history, physical examination and laboratory methods, medical and surgical management, complications and prevention of cardiovascular conditions, including coronary artery disease, hypertension, valvular heart disease, congenital heart disease, cardiac arrhythmias, heart failure, cardiomyopathy, involvement of the cardiovascular system by systemic disease, infective endocarditis, diseases of the great vessels and peripheral blood vessels, diseases of the pericardium, pulmonary heart disease, the interaction of pregnancy and cardiovascular disease, cardiovascular complications of chronic renal failure, traumatic heart disease and cardiac tumors
We offer patient care that is compassionate, appropriate and effective for the treatment of health problems and the promotion of health. Our employees work with professionalism, as manifested through a commitment to carrying out professional responsibilities, adherence to ethical principles, and sensitivity to a diverse patient population.
We run a systems-based practice, as manifested by actions that demonstrate an awareness of and responsiveness to the larger context and system of health care and the ability to effectively call on system resources to provide care that is of optimal value.
We offer an attractive RVU based compensation plan, sign on bonus, quarterly bonus plan, and comprehensive fringe benefits package, including medical, dental, and life insurance, STD / LTD, professional liability, matching 401K, relocation costs, paid vacation and paid holidays.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Licensure in the State of New Mexico or eligibility to be licensed
- Level 2 trained in echocardiography and nuclear cardiology and/or board certified in echocardiography and nuclear cardiology
- Board certified or board eligible in specialty
- Completed a 3 - year ACGME - accredited residency in Internal Medicine followed by a 3 -year ACGME - accredited fellowship in cardiovascular disease
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- In addition to clinical skills, possess effective interpersonal and communication skills and professionalism with an emphasis on integrity, a commitment to excellence and ethical principles of clinical care
- Ability to exercise confidentiality of patient information, informed consent, business practices and demonstration of respect and regard for the needs of the patients
- Computer literacy
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Optum and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Cardiologist, Echocardiography, Nuclear Cardiology, Cardiology, ACGME, Internal Medicine, IM, Cardiovascular Disease, Medicine, MD, Albuquerque, LDMG, LDMG NM, New Mexico, NM
Back to top