Call Center Nurse RN Atlanta Optum office daytime or evening hours
- Atlanta, GA
The quality of care we provide our patients doesn't change no matter how it is delivered. Joining Unitedhealthcare as a Call Center Registered Nurse can be your opportunity to offer a higher level of care to our members. While your work will take place over the phone, you'll have a direct impact on the lives of our members, recommending an appropriate level of clinical care and connecting them with the resources they need to make informed health decisions. You'll act as a compass for our members, guiding them through a complex medical environment as you identify appropriate providers and services, act as a health coach and provide referrals in order to optimize health outcomes. This is an exciting time to join a truly inspired organization. Take this opportunity and begin doing your life's best work.(sm)
This position is located onsite at our 2100 River Edge Parkway office in Atlanta. Telecommuting is not an option for this position.
We are hiring for daytime shifts (8am to 4:30PM Eastern) or evening shifts that can vary with end times at 10 or 11PM Eastern Monday through Friday. No weekends for these positions.
- Assesses patient's current health status and recommends appropriate level of care based on clinical judgment and protocols
- Adheres to ethical, legal/regulatory and accreditation standards
- Assesses consumer's understanding of their condition and identifies potential care and/or provider gaps
- Provides health education and coaches consumers on treatment alternatives to assist them in best decision making
- Assesses readiness to change, offering opportunities for intervention that will assist consumers in reaching their health care goals
- Uses coaching techniques, activation and motivational skills to empower the member to take action and participate in the shared decision making process
- Supports consumers in selection of best physician and facility to maximize access, quality, and to manage heath care cost
- Empowers consumers with skills to enhance their interaction with their provider
- Coordinates services and referrals to health programs and community services
- Assesses and triages immediate health concerns
- Manages utilization through education
- Collaboratively plans care with member
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted RN license in the state of Georgia
- Minimum 3 years of applicable clinical experience
- Ability to navigate a Windows based environment and create, edit, save and send documents utilizing Microsoft Word. Ability to navigate Outlook and conduct Internet searches.
- Ability to understand readiness for change and ability to move members along the continuum of change
- Ability to work independently toward established priorities, metrics and goals
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Coaching, motivational interviewing and/or decision support experience
- Previous experience in a telephonic role
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work. SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: RN, Call Center Nurse, Telephonic RN, Telephonic Nurse, Registered Nurse, Eden Prairie, Case Manager, RN Coach, Atlanta, GA, Georgia
Back to top