Call Center Medical Assistant - Signal Hill, CA
- Long Beach, CA
At Optum, we share what might be seen as a surprisingly simple goal: making the health system work better for everyone. We look for people who relentlessly push themselves to go farther. For these high performers, a position on a team at Optum, a business of UnitedHealth Group, is a natural fit. We offer more than the talent, resources and can - do culture - we offer a place to improve the lives of others while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum Care Medical Group serve the communities within Orange and southern Los Angeles counties. The combined medical group is composed of 15 practices with more than 90 physicians and mid-level providers. From pediatric and adolescent medicine, to adult and senior care, Optum Care Medical Group strive to provide a higher level of service through our unique, patient - driven model.
In this Medical Assistant role, you will learn from healthcare experts as you work side by side to provide care for patients in a clinic setting. This position works in collaboration and in continuous partnership with OCMG to support and monitor the ongoing efforts to provide high quality care for patients. Serves as a representative to patients, utilizing professional customer service skills. Works closely with physicians, managers and office staff in coordinating patient care. Maintains the strictest confidentiality and adheres to all HIPAA guidelines and regulations.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00AM - 5:00PM No nights, weekends or holidays.
This position is office based, working in a call center environment.
- Answers, screens, processes, and documents incoming calls efficiently and professionally.
- Effective use of both EPM and EHR system applications to manage patient inquiries and requests.
- Assists patients by determining needs, scheduling and/or canceling appointments, verifying insurance eligibility as needed and / or referring them to the correct staff person.
- Keeps updated on current provider schedules ensuring that patients are scheduled properly and notified of any schedule changes.
- Ensure effective communication with key external customers including providers, practice managers, and staff.
- Responds appropriately to patient requests for prescription refills adhering to OCMG Protocol.
- Responds appropriately to patient requests regarding orders, referrals and/or results adhering to OCMG Protocols.
- Performs other administrative and clerical duties as assigned.
- Participates in a variety of department initiatives.
- Assist in training new employees and serve as a resource to them.
- Submits electronic referrals for additional services
- Enrolls / responds to electronic patient messages in the patient portal program
- Processes medication refills per protocol
- Other responsibilities as assigned
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 year of experience as a Medical Assistant working in a medical office or clinic setting
- Graduate from a Medical Assistant program / school, or a Registered Medical Assistant or Certified Medical Assistant
- Current BLS and CPR card OR willing to obtain in 30 days
- Graduate from an accredited Medical Assistant program with a back office internship completed or a graduate from an accredited Medical Assistant program
- Experience working in internal medicine or family practice environment, Family Practice or Geriatric practice working with adults and children
- Experience working with health plans
- 1+ year of EMR experience
- Working knowledge of health insurance: HMO, PPO, Medicare and Medi -Cal
- Microsoft Office proficiency
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by l
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: OCMG, Call Center, Orange County Medical Group, Medical assistant, MA, BLS, front office, back office, EMR, medical office, HMO, PPO, family practice, family med, urgent care, Long Beach, Signal Hill, CA, California
Back to top