Business Operations Coordinator (Health Savings Accounts)- West Valley City, UT
- West Valley City, UT
Energize your career with one of Healthcare's fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it's a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world's leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.
This role is part of the HSA Service Operations Teams that supports the health savings account (HSA) for the account holder. This includes USA Patriot Act screening that must be done prior to accounts being opened. Demographic updates to the HSA that may include ordering new debit cards.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Process pending enrollments to vet the consumer's information before account can be opened per the USA Patriot Act guidelines
- Process demographic updates to the consumer accounts
- Process tax and statement reprints requests
- Process additional debit card requests
- Research and resolve moderate to complex customer issues
- Process requests regarding Death of Account Holder/Divorce
- Research and resolve duplicate accounts
- Seek out process improvements and write procedures
- Provide exceptional customer service in a fast-pace environment while dealing with sensitive information
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- At least 6+ months of Bank and / or Financial experience
- Proficient with data entry; keyboarding and ten-key by touch
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location.
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas, In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders.
- Understanding and experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook (ability to edit, create, and save)
- Previous experience working with Health Savings Accounts
- Basic understanding of the USA Patriot
- Ability to think analytically when confronted with unusual situations or requests
- Detail orientated and accurate with the ability to meet high volume targets within established deadlines
- Ability to work in multiple programs simultaneously while maintaining accuracy and attention to multiple processes
- Ability to identify possible risk or fraud to the Bank and to the consumer
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
Some of the steps we've taken to ensure employee well-being include:
- Launched our ProtectWell app and UnitedCARES program to help ease the burden and stress for our UnitedHealth Group team members and their immediate family affected by COVID-19
- Daily updates from our CEO Dave Wichmann to support and inspire team members during this challenging time
- Onsite social distancing and increased sanitization measures for employees who have been welcomed back to our offices
- Fully cover the COVID-19 healthcare costs for our employees
- Employees who self-identify as high risk or who live with someone who is high risk have been asked to remain working from home
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities: click here .
What we do defines who we are. Take a deeper look at how we're providing support during this global health crisis and search for a way you can get involved. View our COVID-19 Resources Page: click here .
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Senior Business Operations Coordinator, West Valley City, UT
Back to top