Business Analyst Workforce Management
When you're setting the pace for change, it's not only challenging, it's exhilarating. We're building new health care solutions right and left and shaping the system as we go to help millions live healthier lives. That's why we need Business Analysts who can keep up and dig deep. When you join us, you'll drive processes and improvement initiatives that have an impact on healing the health system. Sound like your kind of challenge? Join a Fortune 6, industry leader and find out how you can be a part of something life changing for millions.
- Engage with multiple functions to setup structure and operationalize reports on the following areas
- Inventory/ Productivity/ Quality and Growth/ Attrition/ Adhoc Reports
- Plainview reporting/ billing on a weekly/monthly basis to Onshore
- Staffing Model
- Short-term and Long-term FTE Capacity Planning
- Partner with Business to support Staffing Optimization and FTE Expense Management
- Shrinkage tracking & planning
- Analyze, develop action plan and resolve service delivery and / or service level issues
- Review Key Performance Metrics and subsequent drivers, implementing actions for improvement
- Adjust workforce requirements based on changing / dynamic forecasts; reforecast when necessary
- Collaborate with supervisors to identify and track both planned and unplanned absences
- Establish and maintain communication channels regarding events that impact call and claim volumes
- Review forecasts on a monthly and annual basis for all workgroups, and compare actual results to forecasts, identifying opportunities for improvement and implement solutions
- Productivity Insights and Calibrations
- Unbiased Detailed Insights
- Ongoing calibrations with Business Partners to support Productivity Goals
- Maintaining a close working relationship with all departmental leadership in developing staffing strategies
- Partner with Site Director regarding forecasting / planning based on actual experience and trend analyses and implement necessary tactics to achieve service targets
- Productivity Tools
- Drive Deployment Efforts on New Platforms and Support Areas
- Support Ongoing Maintenance, Requirement Changes, and Global Group Updates
- QVC implementation/Bravo/EWF reporting
- Program Eligibility Rollouts, Monitoring, and Validation
- Strong collaboration with Business Partners to ensure Timely and Accurate Payments
- Stakeholder Management
- Building working relationship with clients by thorough understanding of client businesses & enabling analysts to drive business
- Responsible for all project management tasks include (but not limited to): defining project scope, assisting with requirements collection, providing analysis/ development plans, and ensuring on-time delivery and quality of projects on an ongoing basis
- As part of project supervision, to ensure all projects are fully documented & a robust knowledge management practice is followed within the team for seamless knowledge transfer
- At any point in time, manage the progress and prioritization of multiple projects assigned to multiple team members providing client consultations using research, data analysis & advanced analytics
- Drive cross-functional work culture through knowledge sharing, solution development, institutional strengthening of competencies within his/ her team & through collaborations with other teams
- Personally engage in & encourage team members in organization building activities such as recruitment, solution building exercise, publishing white papers & contributing to collateral development, presenting in conferences etc.
- Motivate, lead, manage a mid-sized team of talented associates with varied skill-sets (research, data analysis, advanced analytics) to provide quality client deliverables
- Support Senior Manager / Group Manager in devising LoB specific service strategy & contribute to IP development within UHG
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Exceptional analytics & problem solving ability to act as an SME proposing innovative solutions towards client/ project as appropriate
- Excellent communication skills to engage clients & team members alike & instill required enthusiasm
- Excellent client management & team management skills
- Ability to lead teams, mentor people, incubate talent & unbiasedly taking team along the success path in a competitive work environment
- Minimum 2 years of hands on experience in scheduling, work force planning
- Strong knowledge and experience in Access, Excel, Visio, SAS, SPSS and all prominent methodologies (Regression, Logistic Regression, Segmentation methods etc.) and Marketing principles
- Solid understanding of WFM fundamentals. Proven experience in the design, development and implementation of strategic workforce planning with a very strong focus and ability to execute in a diverse/matrixed organizational environment
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with stakeholders and clients at all levels including people of different cultures.
- Highly developed project management skills and proven ability to deliver organizational projects within designated timelines
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Workforce Business Analyst
Back to top