Buildings Services Coordinator - PART TIME - Austin, TX
- Austin, TX
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Buildings Services Coordinator is responsible maintaining the cleanliness, organization, and sanitation of the facility, including a food prep area where hot meals are served. Approximately 90 members participate daily in classrooms and workout areas which require frequent changes in setup and breakdown of exercise equipment, tables and chairs. The position will ensure a safe, healthy and welcoming environment for all members and is vitally critical to our daily operations.
- Picks up litter left around the facility, empties trash cans, removes garbage from inside the building and sets out cans for pick up
- Sweeps, mops, vacuums, and cleans carpet on a routine basis
- Maintains and cleans facility including restrooms, break room, dining area, storage areas, coffee center and water fountains
- Replaces soap, antibacterial, and all paper products in dispensers
- Assists in setting up and taking down equipment for activities
- Requests supplies and equipment as needed
- Cleans and maintains all cardio and weight machines
- Utilizes safety measures and assists in the overall safety at all times inside the building
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Knowledge of basic custodial procedures including use of commercial grade cleaning chemicals, in a professional and commercial environment
- Written communication and oral skills in order to account for supplies and inventory
- Ability to work Monday through Friday, from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Hours may vary as needed
- 1+ years of experience custodial/maintenance service
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to push or pull heavy objects using up to 50 pounds of force
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate office equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Custodian, Janitor, Chemicals, Cleaning, Maintenance
Back to top