Bilingual Research Analyst, Spanish / English - Advisory Board - Washington, D.C.
Research Analysts work in teams on research studies to surface key challenges or opportunities facing hospitals and provide best (and worst) demonstrated practices in addressing these issues. The unique membership model allows research teams to directly interact with hospital executives, learning from their experiences and influencing change at member hospitals through presentation of key research findings.
Research studies can range anywhere from 1-6 months in duration and typically culminate in a two-day summit where research findings and insights are presented to health care executives. Recent studies have addressed topics such as health care reform, the emergency department capacity crisis, the growing burden of bad debt in hospitals, evaluating the latest clinical technologies, implementing electronic medical records, and other strategic issues facing hospitals. These studies are also published and shared with other hospital leaders via web-based teleconferences. Analysts are actively involved throughout the entire research cycle - from conception, to research interviews, to analysis and creation of presentation materials. Working in teams provides Analysts the opportunity to learn from peers and to take on more challenging responsibilities as they develop in their role.
Analysts are placed on teams based on experience, need, timing, and placement preference. Our research teams focus on best practice business and operations research across the health care spectrum, including programs focused in the provider, payer, and life sciences space.
Analysts typically work on at least two research studies per year, with job responsibilities varying according to the stage of the study cycle. Across each research cycle, the analyst will typically be expected to accomplish the following objectives:
- Collaborate on research agenda setting
- Conduct in-depth interviews with senior health care executives
- Document and analyze findings from primary and secondary research
- Reduce industry challenges to root cause problems
- Identify and critique best practice strategies and solutions
- Develop innovative frameworks for presentation of findings
- Contribute to creation of presentation materials
- Potentially analyze and build market calculators and financial models
As Analysts become more experienced, they assume broader responsibilities, including management of member relationships and serving as "in-house experts" on various topics. The analyst position offers significant growth and rapid promotion potential, as well as opportunities to take on other roles within our growing firm.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Fluent in Spanish
- Excellent academic record
- 3+ months of work or internship experience in professional setting
- Experience conducting long-term research OR conducting primary and secondary research
- Experience writing in-depth reports
- Experience working in a team environment as well as independently and autonomously
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with senior executives, in both oral and written formats
- Experience conducting root-cause analysis
- Experience with solution focused problem solving and thinking through problems creatively
- Experience working on the clinical or business sides of health care
Advisory Board is part of Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. Through our membership model, we collaborate with executives and their teams to find and implement the best solutions to their toughest challenges. We offer research through proven, actionable insights inspired by health care's most progressive organizations. Join us, and you'll soon discover a career here is a launching pad for your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: bilingual, research analyst, advisory board, Washington, D.C., District of Columbia
Back to top