Bilingual Medical Scribe/Medical Assistant - Golden Gate/Naples, FL
- Naples, FL
Careers with MedExpress. At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient, affordable health care and exceeding our patients' expectations. Our neighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medical team and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what's really important. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer health services. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we're working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The medical scribe will work under the direction of the supervising practitioner and support their documentation of patient information into the Electronic Medical Record (EMR). As a medical scribe, you are responsible for ensuring the well-being of patients and for providing a positive, supportive environment for patients and other staff while working in conjunction with physicians, advanced practice clinicians, front office and clinical staff.
- Performs provider documentation of patient information as dictated by a provider in a legible and clear manner, following all established local, state and federal guidelines for documentation and billing
- Demonstrates skill in documenting and maintaining patient care records in a complete and thorough manner
- Ensures that all documentation follows scribe policies and procedures as outlined by MedExpress
- Follows established medical record requirements
- Completes all documentation real time and within the same date of service
- Communicate to provider when chart is complete and ready for review and sign off
- Clarifies and corrects any documentation under the direction of the provider
- Other patient care responsibilities as directed by Center Manager
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience with medical terminology
- Experience with computerized information systems (EMR) used in business and clinical management settings
- 2+ years clinical experience in related field such as a scribe or medical assistant
- 3+ months of experience as a Medical Assistant in a MedExpress Center
- Prior experience with employer health services (i.e. urine drug screens, breath alcohol, DOT physicals, etc.)
- Completed medical training specific to medical terminology, anatomy and physiology
- Experience documenting patient information into an electronic medical record, EMR/EHR
- Urgent care or emergency room experience
- Experience working as a medical assistant
- Experience completing provider orders (i.e. venipuncture, point of care testing)
© 2019 OptumCare. All rights reserved.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both its owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Medical scribe, scribe, medical assistant, MA, physician scribe, medical transcriptionist, MedExpress, Golden Gate, Naples, Florida, FL
Back to top