Bilingual Medical Assistant Little Havana
- United States
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
- Assist physicians and nursing personnel with injections, EKGs, phlebotomy and other patient care procedures
- Maintain established quality control standards
- Record and process patient care documentation quickly and accurately in EMR
- Coordinate patient care as directed by physicians, company standards and policies
- Organize, stock and clean exam and treatment rooms and sterilize instruments
- Maintains quality control standards and required Medical Assistant and CPR certifications
- Supports and follows standard delegation of orders
The pace is fast and you'll need to be comfortable managing multiple priorities. You may be required to work in multiple locations, so scheduling flexibility is essential. You must also be able to respond calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED
- Current, nationally recognized Medical Assistant certification or registration or the ability to obtain the designation within 180 days of employment
- Current CPR and/or BLS certification or the ability to attain the certification within 30 days of employment
- 1+ year of experience as a Medical Assistant or related experience in a medical setting
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Bilingual Spanish-speaking
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- ICD-9/10 and CPT coding experience
- Microsoft Office Suite experience
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 350,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi - specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Medical Assistant, MA, Certified Medical Assistant, CMA, Medical office, Medical Terminology, CPR, BLS, Bilingual Spanish speaking, Spanish, Bilingual, Miami, FL, Florida
Back to top