Bilingual Korean/English Senior Customer Service Advocate - Flushing, NY OR US Remote (Temporarily Remote)
- Queens, NY
Welcome to one of the most fulfilling ways to help people. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
The purpose of this role is to interact with members regarding medical and pharmacy benefits, eligibility and claims issues and to assist with plan selection and enrollment. This role is expected to identify opportunities to connect members to the best resources to meet their healthcare needs and provide support in order to resolve medical and benefits issues on behalf of a member. The Customer Service Advocate builds trust with members across their health care lifecycle.
- Act as a customer advocate and provide in language phone service to Korean and English-speaking customers
- Own problem through to resolution on behalf of the member in real time or through comprehensive and timely follow-up with the member
- Respond to and resolve on the first call, customer service inquires and issues by identifying the topic and type of assistance the caller needs such as benefits, eligibility and claims
- Proactively educate members on benefits, plan exclusions, and procedures to enhance total customer service experience
- Maximize use of community services, support programs, and resources available to members
- Assist in member retention projects
- Identify trends and continuously make recommendations to improve processes
- Perform other related projects and duties as assigned
- Meet established performance standards
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 4+ years of combined education, work and/or volunteer experience.
- Bilingual fluency (verbal and written) in Korean and English
- Health Care/Insurance environment (familiarity with medical terminology, health plan documents, or benefit plan design)
- Social work, behavioral health, disease prevention, health promotion and behavior change (working with vulnerable populations)
- Sales or account management experience
- Customer Service Experience
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands/fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods working at a computer
- Service center environment with moderate noise level due to phone and walk-in conversation, printers, and floor activities
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
Some of the steps we've taken to ensure employee well-being include:
- Launched our ProtectWell app and UnitedCARES program to help ease the burden and stress for our UnitedHealth Group team members and their immediate family affected by COVID-19
- Daily updates from our CEO Dave Wichmann to support and inspire team members during this challenging time
- Onsite social distancing and increased sanitization measures for employees who have been welcomed back to our offices
- Fully cover the COVID-19 healthcare costs for our employees
- Employees who self-identify as high risk or who live with someone who is high risk have been asked to remain working from home
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/newsroom/addressing-covid.html
Careers at UnitedHealthcare We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of healthcare. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: customer service representative, customer service, CSR, UnitedHealth Group, call center, UnitedHealthcare, health care, office, phone support, training class, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately
Back to top