Bilingual (English / Mandarin Chinese) Community & Member Outreach Specialist - Temple City, CA
- Duarte, CA
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
The Community & Member Outreach Specialist will be working under minimal supervision and collectively with the Medicare sales department, this Community Outreach representative role is responsible for working in targeted communities to increase enrollment for MAPD. Specifically, this role is responsible for developing sites and securing organizations for community-based sales and marketing activities that provide membership growth opportunity. This role will also interface with other members of the of Sales / Health Plan to increase marketing synergy and drive overall membership growth.
- Investigate, identify, initiate and response to opportunities to create or participate in marketing activities that lead to membership growth
- Assist with planning, implementing and coordinating both sales and non-sales events for all assigned products
- Liaise between community organization and Sales team to create effective relationship to increase mark share
- Assists with designing and measuring overall sales event strategy
- Provide input, support and feedback on promotional opportunities, benefits, and other issues
- Prepare preliminary budget recommendations for each approved event
- Ensure all events are properly filed with appropriate regulatory agencies through the established UHG process
- Identify, develop and maintain strong relationships with key community partners. Serve as an ambassador for United Healthcare
- Stay informed on UHC operations, provider network, premiums, member services, claims, explanation of benefits, processes and other services and issues to provide community partners, prospects, and members with accurate information, and provide feedback as appropriate
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of marketing project management, communications and / or marketing campaign development, and event planning experience
- Experience with CMS guidelines and / or experience in a health care related field.
- California Health License or the ability to obtain license within 30 days of employment
- Ability to navigate through multiple programs including Microsoft Excel (create spreadsheets), Microsoft Word (update documents), Microsoft Outlook (create, send email), and Microsoft PowerPoint (create and edit presentations)
- Must have a current, valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- Ability to travel (up to 50%) to other sites locally within 25 miles based off business need
- B ilingual (English / Chinese Mandarin) fluency
P r e f er r ed Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher)
- 3+ years of project management, communications and / or marketing campaign development and event planning experience
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography - specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
Some of the steps we've taken to ensure employee well - being include:
- Launched our ProtectWell app and UnitedCARES program to help ease the burden and stress for our UnitedHealth Group team members and their immediate family affected by COVID - 19
- Daily updates from our CEO Dave Wichmann to support and inspire team members during this challenging time
- Onsite social distancing and increased sanitization measures for employees who have been welcomed back to our offices
- Fully cover the COVID - 19 healthcare costs for our employees
- Employees who self - identify as high risk or who live with someone who is high risk have been asked to remain working from home
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID - 19 and support impacted communities at: https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/newsroom/addressing-covid.html
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual . We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of healthcare. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work. SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealth Care, Health Care, Sales, Medicaid, Retirement, Bilingual, Mandarin Chinese Language, customer service, California Health License, project management, community outreach, hiring immediately
Back to top