Behavioral Medical Director Kentucky
- Louisville, KY
The Behavioral Medical Director position is responsible for providing oversight to and direction of the Utilization Management Program and performing peer reviews as necessary. This individual will interact directly with Psychiatrists, Behavioral Health Providers, and other clinical professionals who consult on various processes and programs. The Behavioral Medical Director is part of a leadership team that manages development and implementation of evidence-based treatments and medical expense initiatives and will also advise leadership on health care system improvement opportunities. They are responsible for maintaining the clinical integrity of the program, including timely peer reviews, appeals and consultations with providers and other community based clinicians, including general practitioners and will work collaboratively with the Health Plan Medical Director, Clinical, Network and Quality staff. At Optum, our clinical vision drives the team to improve the quality of care our consumers receive.
- Ensuring delivery of cost effective quality care that incorporates recovery, resiliency and person-centered services
- Responsible for Level of Care guidelines and utilization management protocols
- Responsible for oversight and management, along with the Clinical Director and Clinical Program Director, utilization review, management and care coordination activities
- Provide clinical oversight to the clinical staff, oversee the management of services at all levels of care in the benefit plan
- Keep current regarding Evidence Based Practices and treatment philosophies including those that address Recovery and Resilience
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy
- Current license to practice as a physician without restrictions in the state of Kentucky
- Board certified in Psychiatry
- Demonstrated understanding of the clinical application of the principles of engagement, empowerment, rehabilitation and recovery
- Knowledge of post-acute care planning such as home care, discharge planning, case management, and disease management
- Computer and typing proficiency, data analysis and strong organizational skills necessary
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a practicing psychiatrist post residency strongly preferred
- Sub specialty in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry a plus
- Prior Managed care experience a plus
- Experience in public sector delivery systems and experience in state specific public sector services
- Experience working with community based programs and resources designed to aid the State Medicaid population
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Psychiatrist, Clinical, Behavioral, Medical Director
Back to top