Behavioral Health Care Advocate Provider Assess and Triage Washington State License Required
- Seattle, WA
You have high standards. So do we. Here at UnitedHealth Group, this includes offering an innovative new standard for care management. It goes beyond counseling services and verified referrals to programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. That means you'll have an opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale - as part of an incredible team culture that's defining the future of behavioral health care.
As an Assess and Triage Care Advocate Provider Line you will be responsible for case management and utilization review of behavioral health and substance abuse cases. You'll have a direct impact on the lives of our members as you recommend and manage the appropriate level of care throughout the entire treatment plan.
This position requires working a Monday-Friday schedule
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute from anywhere within the U.S. if you currently possess an independent, unrestricted license in Washington State.
- Focus on initial inpatient admission for psychiatric and chemical dependency patients
- Make patient assessments and determining appropriate levels of care
- Obtain information from providers on outpatient requests for treatment
- Determine if additional clinical treatment sessions are needed
- Administer benefits and review treatment plans
- Coordinate benefits and transitions between various areas of care
- Identify ways to add value to treatment plans and consulting with facility staff or outpatient care providers on those ideas
You'll find the pace fast and the challenges ongoing. We'll expect you to achieve and document measurable results. You'll also need to think and act quickly while working with a diverse member population.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, independent, unrestricted licensed Master's degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage or Family Counseling, or Licensed Ph.D., or an RN with 2 or more years of experience in behavioral health
- Licenses must be independent, active and unrestricted in the state of Washington
- 2+ years experience in a related mental health environment
- Chemical dependency license or or 3 years Substance Use Disorder (SUD) experience or SUD treatment experience.
- Proficient Microsoft skills (Word, Excel, Outlook) with the ability to use multiple screens and type and talk simultaneously
- Experience in an inpatient setting
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
- Previous experience in a managed care environment
Discover a diversified health services and innovation company where data, technology, people and action combine to make great things happen every day - and where every day is another opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Keywords: case manager, care advocate, social worker, therapist, counselor, mental health, behavioral health, managed care, substance abuse, SUD, inpatient, LP, LPC, LCSW, LMFT, LPCC, RN, registered nurse, Washington State, WA, Telecommute, Telecommuter
Back to top