Behavioral Care Advocate Brooklyn NY
- United States
You're looking for something bigger for your career. How about inventing the future of health care? Optum is offering an innovative new standard for care management. We're going beyond counseling services and verified referrals to behavioral health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Our growth is fueling the need for highly qualified professionals to join our elite team. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. Join us. Take this opportunity to start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This position is primarily field - based: 80% of the time will be in the field and 20% working from home. Schedule is Monday - Friday during normal business hours. Must be able to go into the field in Brooklyn, NY on a daily basis.
Due to the COVID 19 pandemic this Field-Based Care Advocate role will be initially functioning in a telecommute/work from home fashion. Once conditions are safe, and the state restrictions have lifted, the expectation is that duties will be conducted in the field as noted above. At that time all work will be done within the territory listed.
The overall purpose of the Field Based Care Advocate is to improve the enrollee's ability to remain stable in the community and out of the hospital. The role is to engage the person in the treatment process and then assist him/her to access the appropriate community services so they can pursue their treatment goals in the community and avoid institutionalization. This position requires field visits going into hospitals, clinical facilities and in the community. You will be in the field the majority of the time.
The Field Based Care Advocate position is also designed to be a direct clinical liaison between health plan staff and the clinical network. The program fosters a collegial and mutually beneficial relationship between the providers and payers of medical and behavioral health services.
- Identifies and provides community service linkage
- Assists enrollees with aftercare appointments
- Provides subsequent member follow-up as determined by individual member needs
- Works with enrollees to identify gaps in care or obstacles to care and problem solves for successful connection to needed services
- Reviews IP Census each day to determine which enrollees on the census are re-admits within the last 12 months
- Goes to facility meetings with treatment team to develop a successful aftercare plan
- Manages the aftercare follow-up of identified high risk enrollees (manages follow-up calls/outreach and documentation)
- Meets with community providers/facilities as company liaison to foster good rapport and relationships and to identify new programs
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Must have one of the following: Master's degree in Behavioral Health related field, Associate's degree or greater in Nursing with ten years of Behavioral Health experience, or a Doctorate-degreed Psychologist
- Must have an independent license that is active and unrestricted in the State of New York
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)
- Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Licensed Psychologist (LP)
- Registered Nurse with 10+ years of Behavioral Health experience
- 2+ years' experience in a related mental health environment
- Proficient computer skills and good working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets
- Access to high speed internet from home (Broadband cable or DSL)
- Dedicated workspace from home
- Ability to be in the field on a daily basis in Brooklyn, NY after COVID 19 restrictions are lifted
- Medical/Behavioral setting experience (i.e. hospital, managed care organization, or joint medical/behavioral outpatient practice)
- Working knowledge of city and state agencies and practices to include APS, ACS, AOT, ACT, Health Home, Forensic and others
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience working with low-income populations
- Experience working with the aged, blind or disabled
- Experience working in a community health capacity with adults
- Case Management experience
- Field based experience
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Case Manager, Care Advocate, Behavioral Health, Mental Health, Social Worker, Therapist, Counselor, Community Health, Licensed Mental Health Counselor, LMHC, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist, LMFT, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, LCSW, RN, Psychologist, Brooklyn, New York, NY
Back to top