Automation Equipment Services Technician - Carlsbad, CA
- Carlsbad, CA
The Automation Equipment Services Technician provides electrical / mechanical support in response to operational changes resulting from the malfunction, breakdown, relocation, replacement or other existing mechanical systems and / or equipment. Conduct Preventative / Corrective Maintenance on all automation equipment essential to the automated processes within the Mail Order Pharmacy. The Automation Equipment Services Technician is also an instrumental part of the planning team during the installation or modification of new or existing equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance, inspections, and repairs electrical and mechanical equipment, devices and components
- Troubleshoots, routinely inspect equipment and electro - pneumatic control as necessary on automated equipment
- Installs new equipment including electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and computer systems
- Mechanical expertise to include, but not limited to precision alignment, tensioning fastener and belts, lubrication, lacing and tracking of belt system
- Performs data entry to generate work orders for repair, replacement parts, PM program, inventory data and machine history
- Assists Supervisor, Team Lead and Operators in resolving process problem that affect the quality of the product
- Must possess a sense of urgency on troubleshooting and repairing equipment for minimal downtime. Communicates to upper management on status of equipment downtime
- Maintain preventative maintenance schedules by thoroughly documenting all issues, repairs, parts used, recommendations etc.
- Act as first responder for all operation needs relating to production and application issues
- Reduce machine down time, improve throughput and overall performance of machines
- Maintain equipment, parts, and supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed equipment parts, and supplies, placing and expediting orders using CMMS system
- Performs machine ownership responsibilities on assigned equipment in an effort to exceed expectation of ensuring equipment is in proper working condition to meet safety, quality and productivity expectation
- Work in tandem with IT, Engineering as necessary to solve difficult technical issues
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending scheduled educational workshops, reviewing technical publications
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Ability to use / operate power and hand tools
- Ability to work independently and/or part of a team
- Any other tasks assigned by management
The hours for this position are Monday-Friday 5:30am-2pm with potential to work occasional weekends and will be onsite at 2858 Loker Ave E, Carlsbad Oaks E Business Pk, Carlsbad, California 92010.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED
- 5+years of experience in the repair, troubleshooting, and maintenance of an automated manufacturing or distribution line
- 6 months of experience in the use of measuring and testing instruments
- Experience troubleshooting electrical / mechanical / pneumatic issues when they occur on the line including, but not limited to, installation, diagnostic, calibration, maintenance/repair of equipment and electronic devices
- 6 months of experience with Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Electrical: 3 - phase 480 volts circuit, motor starter and controls
- Mechanical: Align bearing and drive shafts, replace motors and gear boxes, troubleshoot belt drives, and motors
- Pneumatic: Connect circuit, determine and correct failures of solenoids, cylinders, and switches
- Sensor: Troubleshoot photo - eyes, proximity switches and other sensing devices
- Experience with PLC, automation control, electrical, mechanical
- Analytical and problem solver
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Automation Equipment Services Technician, Carlsbad, CA, California
Back to top