Automation Engineer - Phoenix, AZ ($5K Sign-On Bonus for eligible external candidates)
- Phoenix, AZ
New and increased automation technology engineering skills are needed for design operation improvements and equipment service to increase capacity and reduce operating costs. We rely heavily on our vendors to provide solutions/changes. They will be responsible for designing and implementing line changes to improve efficiency, accuracy, reduce operating expenses and increase capacity. Work with automation teams to implement processes to improve maintenance and overall uptime of equipment. Engineers will be critical to support future pharmacy designs to meet anticipated growth. New Engineers will be responsible for working on process improvement of the fulfillment center including warehouse operations to improve efficiency and accuracy.
External candidates are eligible for a $5,000 Sign-On Bonus
- Work with vendor and internal engineers to focus to maximize system overall equipment effectiveness measure (OEE).
- Manage budget, schedule, and scope of design, cost justification of refurbishment/expansion projects ranging from 50k - 2 million dollars
- Design and implement automation systems in operational environments.
- Debug PLCs, networking, power systems, I/O devices, etc and develop and improve SCADA/DCS programs
- Data analytic skills to troubleshoot and improve performance and reliability of equipment and entire system
- Installation and startup of new or changes to equipment or processes and coordinates major maintenance and repair of automation equipment
- Evaluates new developments in repackaging field for possible applications to current processes
- Be the technical expert in resolving technical issues around automation equipment.
- Other duties may be assigned based on business needs
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred Engineering or Computer Sciences, Automation, Electrical, Mechanical) with 5+ years of experience in an industrial application/ environment OR Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Sciences with 3 + yrs of experience in an industrial application/ environment
- Experience with automation equipment (conveyors, motors, PLCs, IO devices, pneumatic components, motion control, Robotics programing, Vision systems)
- Strength in problem solving technology in a highly automated environment.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Back to top