Associate Pharmacy Technician - San Antonio, TX
Compassion is the essential trait that drives superior health care performance. But it's just a start. At OptumCare innovative thinking is just as important. Our unique team of health care providers are an emerging and important part of Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. Our approach is designed to help physicians and other providers deliver the right care at the right time in the right setting. That takes smart ideas and incredible teamwork. And that's where you come in. In this role, you'll support a clinical team that's helping patients in new and better ways while giving them a generous helping of compassion and respect.
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
The pharmacy technician will effectively support the successful implementation and execution of all pharmacy programs and processes. The technician will provide support to the pharmacy staff to ensure applicable program processes and operational responsibilities are met. The technician will be responsible for determining eligibility of members applying for the Medical Assistance Program (MAP). This position will also provide support in troubleshooting any member issues identified by the pharmacy staff during member outreach calls.
- Receive and respond to escalated pharmacy inquiries from all communication venues: phone queue, portal, claim queue, department email box or fax
- Coordinate and assist initial screening of MAP enrollment requests via all communication venues
- Conduct inbound and outbound calls for program requirements including, but not limited to: patient scheduling, surveys / screenings, reminder calls, census management and distribution of materials to appropriate clinical personnel or patients
- Initiate process of granting, modifying, denying or terminating assistance, or referring applicants to other agencies for assistance
- Collect and maintain eligibility information in an appropriate and confidential manner
- Interview applicants by phone for program requirements
- Request additional or supplemental information via correspondence in order to complete applications
- Adhere to assigned schedule and quality metrics
- Stay abreast of program qualifications in order to troubleshoot problems that may arise during the eligibility process
- Complete calls / assignments and ensures census management, productivity weekly and monthly standards are met
- Provide administrative support to clinical staff and managers for special studies, projects and reports
- Provide excellent customer service by serving as a resource to all internal and external customers
- Other responsibilities as assigned
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED
- Pharmacy technician certification
- 1+ years pharmacy technician experience
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word and Outlook
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to work 9am-6pm or 10am-7pm rotating shifts with the possible inclusion of Saturdays in the future on a rotating basis
- Medicare Part D knowledge
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- PBM experience
- Working knowledge of HIPAA and CMS
- Call center experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: pharmacy technician, pharm tech, pharmacy, Medicare Part D, CMS, HIPAA, Spanish, bilingual, call center, San Antonio, Optum, UHG, Texas, TX
Back to top