Associate Pharmacy Clerk - Overland Park, KS
- Overland Park, KS
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you'll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you're empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
In a Pharmacy Clerk role, you'll be responsible for the proper packing and shipping of home delivery prescriptions for our members to ensure contents arrive safely and on-time. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you're empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. Pharmacy Clerks find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. In addition to having impact on a great team, you'll also discover the career opportunities you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
Working Schedule: Qualified candidates must be able to work an eight hour shift within the hours of 3:00 PM - 1:30 AM, Sunday - Thursday with mandatory overtime as needed.
- Use multiple computer systems to obtain pharmacy orders, compare to order received and produce mailing labels
- Utilize the best method for product packing and shipping based on standard procedures to include type of packaging, unique conditions (i.e. refrigeration), etc. to ensure safe and secure delivery
- Prepare manual prescription orders by verifying information, pulling appropriate prescription drugs from inventory and complete necessary scanning and packaging as necessary
- Maintain various machines and equipment (e.g. IPD machines, auto packing machines)
This role is challenging. You'll need to have strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy. An ability to work in a fast paced environment is essential as these prescriptions are critical to our members' health and well-being.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- Proficiency with computer and Windows PC applications including ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system application
- Ability to work at minimum an eight hour shift within the hours of 3:00 PM - 1:30 AM, Sunday - Thursday with mandatory overtime as needed.
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Back to top