Associate Pharmacy Care Coordinator - Phoenix, AZ
- Phoenix, AZ
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you'll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you're empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
As an Associate Pharmacy Care Coordinator, your contributions will extend beyond fulfilling prescriptions. You'll be responsible for answering incoming calls and completing outbound calls to/from patients, physicians and pharmacists while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximized productivity. Along the way, you'll discover the training, support and career opportunities you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
- Demonstrate the utmost sensitivity and confidentiality of information while maintaining a high level of professionalism
- Promptly and accurately does benefits investigations
- Highlight any important notes / requests from the provider in the case
- Prioritize and organizes cases to be processed in timely manner proportionate with the need by date
- Accurately enter orders into the pharmacy system
- Verify validity of prescriptions and documents verification per company procedures
- Contact the physician's office to communicate clinical information when needed
- Notify pharmacist of relevant clinical information gathered during calls to provider or patient
- Forward cases to Financial Assistance Team if financial assistance is needed
- Notify Pharmacist to transfer prescriptions that can no longer be filled at AOS / Avella to appropriate pharmacy along with notifying the provider and the patient. Follow up with transfer until a resolution is reached
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED or higher
- 6+ months of customer service or call center experience
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location.
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas, In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders.
- 6+ months of pharmacy related experience (includes retail pharmacy experience)
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification (PTCB)
- Unrestricted Pharmacy Technician License in Arizona or Pharmacy Technician Trainee License
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
Some of the steps we've taken to ensure employee well-being include:
- Launched our ProtectWell app and UnitedCARES program to help ease the burden and stress for our UnitedHealth Group team members and their immediate family affected by COVID-19
- Daily updates from our CEO Dave Wichmann to support and inspire team members during this challenging time
- Onsite social distancing and increased sanitization measures for employees who have been welcomed back to our offices
- Fully cover the COVID-19 healthcare costs for our employees
- Employees who self-identify as high risk or who live with someone who is high risk have been asked to remain working from home
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities: click here .
What we do defines who we are. Take a deeper look at how we're providing support during this global health crisis and search for a way you can get involved. View our COVID-19 Resources Page: click here .
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: health care, healthcare, Managed Care, Pharmacy Technician, Optum, OptumRx, UnitedHealthcare, pharmacy, pharmacy technician license, oncology, UnitedHealth Group, retail pharmacy, call center, #RPO
Back to top