Associate Patient Care Coordinator, Urology Scheduler - Las Vegas, NV
- Las Vegas, NV
Let's talk about meaningful work, an important role and a career move that can transform your future. At WellMed, a part of OptumCare and the growing UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we focus on prevention and the complete coordination of care for our patients. Join us and you'll be part of a team dedicated to patient-centered, safe and effective health care. Your skills and talents will make an important impact on our patients while you open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization.
- Answers all phone calls from 3 phone ques (scheduling, high priority, and overflow)
- Intakes all demographic information for new patients
- Works with incoming referrals
- Updates demographic information for existing patients
- Collects insurance information
- Requests medical records from the pcp / referring physician for new patients
- Schedules / Reschedules / Cancels patient's appointments
- Routes calls throughout the office to the appropriate department
- Relays messages from patients to the appropriate individual
- Intakes consultation requests from physicians for the on call physician
- Follows up on consultation requests until request has been completed
- Works the @your service web site for the HPN referrals
- Acts as a back-up for the department assisting in scheduling, incoming referrals and phone calls
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school education or equivalent experience
- Must have a minimum of 2 years phone scheduling experience, multi line
- Good customer service skills
- Data entry skills
- Time management skills
- Computer skills
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: customer service, scheduling, Optum, United Health Group, Las Vegas, NV, scheduling, bilingual, Spanish, data entry
Back to top