Associate Patient Care Coordinator, Nellis - Las Vegas, NV
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
Southwest Medical, part of OptumCare, is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, home health, hospice and palliative care services, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. Southwest Medical offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
- Greet patients and check patients in and out
- Ensure demographic including insurance information is correct in IDX and update as necessary
- Manage patients' expectations about visit and ensures that the visit and referral process are understood
- Schedule appointments as necessary
- Work with back office to get patients seen who walk in or call for appointment
- Enter charges correctly and collect appropriate payments
- Answer telephones and take messages or route incoming calls as per SMA policy
- Document all calls and messages appropriately according to SMA policy
- Ensure that issues such as refills and provider requests are taken care of
- Responsible for waiting room management and implementation of efficient customer friendly processes
- Work with back office staff to ensure smooth patient flow
- Communicate with clinical personnel about service issues and complaints
- Assist coworkers and team members with duties when requested, to include but not limited to, floating to other areas or offices
- Other duties as assigned
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ years customer service experience
- Cash handling experience in a work setting
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Experience working in physician's office, clinic or hospital
- CPR certified
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Front desk, medical, customer service, Southwest Medical, Spanish, Las Vegas, NV, Nevada
Back to top