Associate Patient Care Coordinator - Fountain Hills, AZ
- Fountain Hills, AZ
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Associate Patient Care Coordinator is responsible for the completion of set processes and protocols. Works cooperatively with all members of the care team to support the vision and mission of the organization, deliver excellent customer service and adhere to Lean processes. Support the teams in meeting financial, clinical and service goals.
Monday - Friday, 7:45am-5:00pm, NO WEEKENDS, CLOSED on ALL MAJOR HOLIDAYS
Office Location: 16838 E Palisades Blvd, Fountain Hills, AZ
- Provide exceptional service to all customers
- Responsible for greeting patients and check them in and out; ensure demographics including insurance information are correct in EMR and update as necessary per Standard Work
- Collect appropriate copays and adhere to all cash handling policies
- Answer telephone in timely manner, supporting multiple callers where possible
- Evaluate the urgency and relay messages to appropriate department, support staff, or member of management
- Schedule appointments as necessary, verifying correct visit type and Primary Care Provider empanelment
- Assist with processing medical records requests, sorting incoming electronic faxes, and scanning patient forms
- Responsible for waiting room management - cleanliness, communicate pertinent information to patients and ensure all patients have been assisted
- Work with back office staff to ensure smooth patient flow
- Resolve service issues and complaints, and defer to appropriate management or clinical personnel when necessary
- Assist co-workers and team members with duties when requested, to include but not limited to, floating to other areas or offices
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required or must be able to complete certification within 30 days of hire
- Good communication skills, excellent phone etiquette and customer service skills
- Must possess computer skills, window based applications, organization skills
- Have a general understanding of the patient visit from beginning to end; ability to manage waiting room and keep patients flowing smoothly; must have an understanding of what customer service is and how to maintain it in the clinic setting; must be able to resolve patient issues and problems in a positive manner
- 1+year of medical front office experience
- EHR/EMR experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Patient Care Coordinator, Front office, Medical, healthcare, EHR, patient flow, primary care, Fountain Hills, Scottsdale, Phoenix, AZ, Arizona
Back to top