Associate General Counsel - Minnetonka, MN or Phoenix, AZ or Houston, TX or Hartford, CT
- Minnetonka, MN
Bring us your experience, your head for strategy, your strength with relationships and your eye for opportunity. In return we offer an unmatched place to grow and develop your career among a richly diverse group of businesses driven by the power and stability of a leading health care organization. Come help us heal and strengthen the health care system as you do your life's best work.(sm)
- Execute delivery of legal services and related support to Community and State
- Collaborate with colleagues across the UnitedHealth Group legal department
- Proactively identifying and resolving legal and related matters impacting Community and State
- Assisting in the review, preparation and negotiation of various products, documents and contracts associated with Community and State business
- Participating in and leading negotiations with key customers and vendors
- Developing best practices for addressing emerging legal and business risks
- Supporting Community and State in the development and delivery of new products
- Working in partnership with the Compliance team
- Counseling senior management on strategic business initiatives
- Managing outside counsel
- Fostering key regulatory relationships
The successful candidate will possess strong verbal and written communication skills, sound judgment and business instincts. The ability to lead change is also critical. The ability to delegate work and operate in a matrixed environment will be important qualities for the successful candidate. Prior law firm and in-house experience are desired.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Juris Doctorate degree
- 4+ years' experience required; experience in any of the following: commercial insurance, Medicaid Managed Care, Dual Special Needs, Medicare, government bids, provider or health care litigation preferred
- Knowledge of state and federal health care, insurance, privacy and related laws
- A proven track record demonstrating the ability to independently make decisions regarding complex legal and corporate issues
- Ability to think strategically, take optimistic approaches to challenges and be a team oriented individual
- Comfortable taking ownership and accountability for projects
- Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of leadership
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively under time constraints
- Advanced negotiation skills; ability to gain acceptance from others on a plan or idea and achieve bottom line results for the company
- Ability to work effectively in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to work with others and build and maintain rapport with superiors, peers, subordinates and external company contacts
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Associate General Counsel, Juris Doctorate, Litigation, Minnetonka, Minnesota, MN, Arizona, AZ, Hartford, CT, Connecticut, Sugarland, Houston, Texas, TX
Back to top