Associate Director - Medical, Clinical Operations - CA
- Redlands, CA
No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work. (sm)
This position will cover the areas of San Bernardino, N. Riverside County, including Palm Springs area
- Responsible for management and administration of multiple Medical & Clinical Operations Functions, or managing general operations which are not specific to one of the functions in the Medical & Clinical Operations job family
- Develops and monitors goals, implements and manages budgets, oversees enrollment growth and retention, patient satisfaction, program development and implementation and education
- Assists the Vice President, Network Operations in the overall strategic direction of the region and standardization of programs and services across the communities within the region
- Collaborates with medical leadership to maximize performance and implement and monitor new programs and services
- Provides leadership to and is accountable for the performance of managers and/or senior level professional staff
- Impact of work is most often at the operational or local business unit or market level
- Drives strategic direction of the region and standardization of programs and services across the communities within the region
- Development of business plans, budgeting and executing on operational initiatives to meet and/or exceed operational business goals
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree
- 5 years of Medical group operations management experience
- Experience in managed care organizations
- Over 7 years of relevant work experience in healthcare, running a clinic or practice and managing the work flow and operations
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location.
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- Master's degree in Health Care Administration, Business Administration or Nursing
- Computer literate
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Proven leadership abilities
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work cooperatively with peers and subordinates
- Ability to act professionally under pressure
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: management, medical, clinical, operations, director, San Bernardino, N. Riverside County, Palm Springs, CA, California, Optum, United Health Group, healthcare, administration, executive, business, managed care
Back to top