Associate Director, Healthcare Economics - Minnetonka, MN
We invite you to bring your performance, ideas and innovations to an elite team within a culture built for collaboration. At UnitedHealth Group, we seek individuals who have the ability to drive change, take appropriate risks and influence individuals at all levels of the organization. The Associate Director of Healthcare Economics within UHC Medicare & Retirement is responsible for tracking and understanding key performance indicators for clinical programs in a way that allows leadership to make informed decisions and set clinical strategy. The Associate Director will proactively identify, communicate, and lead organizational dialogue around performance of clinical programs against targets. As a subject matter expert, the Associate Director will interpret and analyze clinical data from various sources and recommend best approaches to transform the healthcare industry. Join us. There's never been a better time to do your life's best work.(sm)
- Develop comprehensive understanding of key performance indicators for clinical programs and initiatives being measured
- Identify and implement consistent and sustainable analytic processes and methodologies in order to track and estimate program effectiveness
- Conduct cost-benefit analyses on potential new clinical pilots to assist senior leadership in decision making
- Calculate shared savings on value-based care initiatives in partnership with finance
- Understand and interpret key drivers of health care trends (i.e. medical cost trends, utilization, etc.)
- Communicate results to relevant audiences and customers and incorporate results into financial forecasts, if applicable
- Translate and package the work of statisticians into financials (both forecast and historical) for a leadership audience in a succinct manner
- Provide consistent and timely communication on projects, results and conclusions from analyses
- Partner with business owners and leaders to assist in the development of clinical strategy
- Complete projects in a timely manner with little supervision
- Proactively identify opportunities for improved reporting and packaging of analysis
- Build strong relationships within the organization including finance, network pricing, product, actuarial/underwriting, clinical, and operations
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance , Math, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Economics, or a related degree
- 5+ years of experience identifying and effectively communicating trends in highly complex data
- Expertise working with formulas, calculations, charts, graphs in MS Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact collaboratively with internal customers across multiple departments and business segments
- Experience in prioritizing work on multiple complex assignments with ongoing deadlines
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement.
The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: finance, reporting, healthcare economics, analytics, statistics, mathematics
Back to top